Darwinia Reviewed on justpressplay.net

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:09 am

Thanks xander and NeoThermic. I do appreciate the offer, but I was never doubting xander, and I was really saying something more like, "It would be fun to see that!" I'd pick up a few pointers, and it would be fun to see a master at work. That's all.

That said, I think it would be awesome for us potzers (if that's the right term, from "Searching for Bobby Fischer") to see just how quickly and efficiently it can be done.

I, for instance, usually take at least 30 minutes on Receiver (that's the one with the pattern buffer, right?) because those damn reddies keep taking over my armour unless I get a boatload of DGs, guided by officers and replenished by Engineers, circling the (single-trunk) island perimeter and visiting each armour in turn.

NeoThermic, where's your guide kept? I'll run a search now, in case it's mentioned in the forums somewhere. Just reading that would provide lots of inspiration. My current goal was get through the game in one day. Now I see I've set my sights way too low!

Thanks again, guys.

-S
ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:14 am

OK, this sucks. Searching for "minute guide" with an author of "neothermic" found nothing. So, I deleted the author field and tried again. But noooooo! I have to wait a while before I can search again.

If the forum is going to be that stingy with cycles (esp. at 2:12AM EDT), at least give me some partial results to play with while I'm waiting. Like, "Nothing was found with those search parameters, but we did find these posts matching "minute guide": ...

-S
ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:26 am

I found Chris' thread on the topic, but most people were reporting times over 30 minutes per level, up to 1:30.

No luck so far.

-S
ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:33 am

I checked out www.neothemic.com as well. No joy. Guess I'll either google it, or wait for a response.

thanks,

-ShepFan
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:56 am

Gah-bl-ck-brf quadruple post!

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:56 pm

Hehe, it is on neothermic.com, but very very hidden, as although I've got the raw videos recorded, I haven't done much on the write up :P

NeoThermic
ShepFan
level2
level2

Postby ShepFan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:43 pm

xander wrote:<snip> However, NeoThermic has written a guide to finishing each level in less than five minutes.

NeoThermic, any chance you might divulge where your written guide is hiding?

Thanks!

-ShepFan

Return to “General”