Stuck on Containment

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Aaargh
level2
level2

Stuck on Containment

Postby Aaargh » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:20 pm

I have all buildings in Containment under my control and I have used up all my research.
Now I can't upgrade the officers to give them the follow command so I can transport Darwinians trough radar dishes.
Thus, I can't get enough Darwinians on the first island, making it for me impossible to win. Resetting the level doesn't reset your research, so i'm quite stuck...
xander
level5
level5

Re: Stuck on Containment

Postby xander » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Aaargh wrote:I have all buildings in Containment under my control and I have used up all my research.
Now I can't upgrade the officers to give them the follow command so I can transport Darwinians trough radar dishes.
Thus, I can't get enough Darwinians on the first island, making it for me impossible to win. Resetting the level doesn't reset your research, so i'm quite stuck...

You can use goto to send DGs through the radar. Align the dishes, the, with an officer selected, right click on the entrance to a radar. The DGs should flock right that way, and be transported.

However, you do have to make sure that the radar is aligned. Radars send only, so if you have A aligned with B, but want to send units from B to A, you have to make sure that B is pointing right back at A.

xander
dusty_thoreau
level0

Postby dusty_thoreau » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 am

xander wrote:
Aaargh wrote:However, you do have to make sure that the radar is aligned. Radars send only, so if you have A aligned with B, but want to send units from B to A, you have to make sure that B is pointing right back at A.

xander

well that's just ridiculous :? why is this game so touchy?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:14 pm

dusty_thoreau wrote:
xander wrote:However, you do have to make sure that the radar is aligned. Radars send only, so if you have A aligned with B, but want to send units from B to A, you have to make sure that B is pointing right back at A.

xander

well that's just ridiculous :? why is this game so touchy?

I'm not sure I understand your comment... what do you mean by touchy?

A radar dish can be used to send DGs to another radar dish. However, in order for one dish to be able to do so, it has to be facing (i.e. be aligned with) another dish, and that dish has to be facing back at the first dish. I don't see how this is ridiculous.

xander
dusty_thoreau
level0

Postby dusty_thoreau » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:44 am

really I'm just bothered by the fact that the tutorial didn't illustrate this concept

unless it did, and we just missed it
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Tutorial? You mean the Garden level? It is demonstrated there, though as I recall, it is possible to skip past it.

xander

Return to “General”