Replaying the Temple Cutscene

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

Navane
level1
level1

Postby Navane » Fri May 12, 2006 9:46 pm

Hi,

I too just finished the game. I didn't see the final cut scene either. So I read a few times that I should have somthn like a magic profile? How do I access that profile?

The long story: I was playing the temple. I couldn't win from those emails, so I shot them appart with my level 4 cannons wich shoot awesome far at that lvl. But I got laggy and eventually the system got stuck and I had to restart Darwinia. When I entered the main menu, the finalcutscene started to play, out of nowhere (I allready had all my objectives when I had to restart, but I wanted to finish the level off first, like, total wipe-out) so I did esc-esc-esc because I didn;t want to be spoiled because I LOVE the story.

And now I've not seen the last cut scene.

So, how do I get in that magic profile?

tx in advance,

Navane
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri May 12, 2006 9:52 pm

You get the magic profile from watching the ending.

Why on earth did you skip the ending when it came up?? Clearing a level of all enemies is unnecessary, unless you suffer from OCD, then you've got more important things to worry about than seeing a game ending. :D

(You could try searching the forums for 'view ending')
Navane
level1
level1

Postby Navane » Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm

first, I apriciate that you take your time to help me.

but I am searching, I read al this redskirt and recompile stuff. But most of it concerns bugs. And I don't have bugs, and I can't compile.

So I understand that I suppose to have a magic profile now. But where can I find it, how can I access it. Should I create a profile with some special name? I don't see a special profile in my game.

:(

Oh, now I think of it, I might have alt-f4-ed as well, besides esc-esc-esc. Does that affect my situation?

Navane
Navane
level1
level1

Postby Navane » Fri May 12, 2006 10:32 pm

Ok.

So apparantly if you alt-f4, darwinia thinks you finished the level, but not the game. Stuck inbetween. But I found this on the forums, and it helped me, jeej!

http://ph00l.com/TGF/crapmods.html

tx dude whoes this is :)

Only question remains, what is the Sandbox? Is it because I tweaked with the above url, or does everybode have it? And what does it do?
Navane
level1
level1

Postby Navane » Fri May 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Yeah. Ok. Should've searched for sandbox. My bad.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri May 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Heh. Redskirt. :D

Yeah, TGF's mod should help you out.

And so what if you can't compile? There are links to several compiled versions of the redshirt2 decoder in the 'redshirt2 decryption' thread, no compiler necessary. I use one myself - no need to re-invent the wheel.
jaysc
level4
level4

Postby jaysc » Fri May 12, 2006 11:14 pm

i could'n use redshirt2 stuff. Didn't work for some reason.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri May 12, 2006 11:59 pm

The VB-compiled binary in the thread works just fine (if you're running Windows), I've built like 10 mods using it. I haven't tried any of the ones designed to be used via the command line.

Return to “General”