54%
No
46%

Total votes: 13
Schamoo
level0

Steam burns are the worst!!!

Postby Schamoo » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:54 pm

We all know how many problems Steam is able to cause, problems we thought could not possibly happen throught a professional company but this when my Darwinia game doesnt activate then all things in a vacinity of 20 meters are at risk of serious injury.

Im running this throught an e - cafe, so we know wahts happening from our CS days and other mods. but hear me out now, The release date has passed, and all ive got is the demo, we have the gfc files for the game but it is un playabke. Further more there was a day when both items where in the list (the demo and game) but now only the demo is playable.

So my fellow Darwinians, how on earth can I get the game back in the list?
Dave2
level4
level4

Postby Dave2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:09 pm

I'd recommend asking on the Steam forums, or contacting Valve support (probably your best bet), as most of us here have the non-Steam version, so have no idea.
Audiogeek_uk
level0

STEAM + UPDATES = WHAT UPDATES

Postby Audiogeek_uk » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:57 pm

i had the same problem but i soved that now
But now i carnt do the missions CAUSE IT UPDATE i have grenades that crash my system, big battes that crash it
i wouls have thought to steam relesedthe game with the most upto date patch,current there is 1 patch on steam and thats for rocket sounds,No other bug fixes,

am not doing this to get A the game but in the space of 1 hour it chrased mi computer 8 times AND DID NOT SAVE ONCE

i have tryed patching as if i had got the CD version but it didnt work
a beautiful mind
level1
level1

hmmmm

Postby a beautiful mind » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:51 am

Sorry to ask but what is your VAC status with Steam ? I have run Steam without problem since HalfLife2 came out. Day one NO Problems. It seems more people have trouble with Steam when they have tried something henky with it like Wall Hacks in DeathMatch and such. You might want to go to the Support only.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:56 pm

And electricity burns can be much worse than scalds.
fez
level1
level1

Postby fez » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:07 pm

haven't had any problema with steam for a while. ive used steam since version 1 when they released the CS 1.6 beta. it was buggy as hell but they have improved it a lot since then. i dont think ur VAC status should effect it, as that will just stop u from joining any VAC protected multiplayer servers afaik
The Darwinian Messiah
Schamoo
level0

AH HAAAA

Postby Schamoo » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Does electricity leave burns? i just thought it fried out ur body? Suppose trees do catch on fire!

anyway, thanks for all ur input guys, as sugested the steam forums help with this, What we did here was restart steam manually, we use an automatic script we rigged up (its a biyatch starting 30 pcs) anyway, with the manual restart, along with setting the computer account to a number in the higher then the 30 i am now able to play!

Dont know if this problem should even happen to normal, single steam usersm but for all those else out there who have e - cafes I hope it helps.

Thanks again to all the peeps who helped!

Oh yea, 50% yes and No for the poll, waht the hell happened there, must be a miss calculation!
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:29 pm

Some people have actually had electric shocks!
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:32 am

Day-after-spicy food burns are teh sux0r.

Never had pooblems w/ steam apart from it updating games when i wanted to play. It even got me HL:Op Force back when I'd lost my Disk and CD key.
(it was automatically added to my list when I put in my HL code).
Zandengoff
level0

Postby Zandengoff » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:39 am

Electricty will leave nice black burn marks across the skin that it has traveled through, that is what that nice baked smell is after the shock, it is your burnt skin. The only way around it is to have a high amount of electrolyte in your body and are grounded, (if it travels through your body really quickly you get less burn marks but it still might kill you).
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:48 am

Sun burns are the worst. Not only do they hurt like hell for several days, but they come back and kill you later in life in the form of skin cancer.

xander

Return to “General”