Researching

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

CeL
level0

Researching

Postby CeL » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:47 am

Hi, first off, I just want to say I havent had this much fun playing this game since for like ever. Great game and great job Introversion. Ok, now I have a question, I still havent beaten the game yet, Im on the level before Biosphere, I think its Reciever? Anyway, I'm having trouble researching. Can anyone tell me how this works, I have Squad and Engineer at 4.0 but everything else is like 1.0 and ive tried researching like task manager and got it up to 3.0 and then it went some and stoped! It hasnt Moved one bit, same with Officer. And some of thestuff i have, I dont think I can even research them!! So, can anyone tell me how this works. It seems to me like the only time you can research is when you first play a level, but if you replay previously beaten levels then it wont research. Anything would be good. Im a nub help me out =D
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:33 am

Well, it goes this way:

Call the Task Manager and go left (or up if you use the icon based control), there you will have a list of all the programs. You can only choose one (1) program at a time. I mean, you can choose the Squads, for instance, and take them to the level you want. Then, you can choose another program, like Darwinians, and the Dr. will research that one but not the Squads until you tell him to.

And also, every time you program a building, you get "points" that will upload the research.

I don't know if it's clear enough.
CeL
level0

Postby CeL » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:38 am

So can i go into a previously beaten level, ask to say research Darwinia's then go afk and it should be researching right?
Bitter Sticks
level1
level1

Postby Bitter Sticks » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:37 am

....uhh no. You get points for capturing building, so unless you left some buildings uncaptured on past levels you won't get any research points for going back to them. You'll just have to go on with your current research and capture more buildings.
ImageImage
lol.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:25 pm

There aren't enough buildings in the game to research everything to its highest level so you need to deicede which things are most important.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.

Return to “General”