Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

multimania
level2
level2
Location: Perth, Western Australia · Mountain View, California

YAMP (Yet Another Multiplayer Post)

Postby multimania » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:13 pm

A firend and I have been trying to get multiplayer Darwnina working. We can Connect, Create units, etc.

The only problem is, that we are both 3, i thinkon the same team. (Team 3, I think.)

We've tried with and without mods?

Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Varsity
level2
level2

Postby Varsity » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Were you supposed to post that? :?
andrewas
level4
level4

Postby andrewas » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:03 pm

There is multiplayer code within Darwinia, but it is not in a functional condition. There have been some posts on the subject which might help you get a better experience from it, but I dont recall anyone coming to any other conclusion than that its currently to broken to use.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:57 am

I really wish that someone would sticky a topic about multiplayer Darwinia, because we seem to go through this every couple of weeks. Yes, it is possible to get multiplayer sort of working. There are problems with unit creation, highlighting, team assignment, &c. However, the code is not finished, has not been beta tested, and is not considered part of the "Darwinia experience" at this point in time.

IV have repeatedly said that they hope to get multiplayer working eventually. Right now, it does not work. Did you really expect that an undocumented feature would work flawlessly? or that when you tried to get it to work, it would do so with only minor modifications to the preferences or mods?

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:38 pm

well following up xanders 'they'll get it working sometime' thing I guess that's what they're working on for the steam release.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:02 pm

There's an article up at PCZone's site stating that they are indeed working on multiplayer using Steam's matchmaking facilities. Nice and supportive, if slightly innaccurate as it describes the distribution to date as online-only.

link
edd8990
level5
level5

Postby edd8990 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:15 pm

I really want to see what they come up with for multiplayer... Can't wait :D

Return to “General”