Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

vic
level2
level2

TV Exposure for Introversion!

Postby vic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi to all Darwinia fans!

I have a little favour to ask on behalf of the Introversion team... I'm currently helping them out with some of their marketing work. We've been doing well with magazine exposure for Darwinia- thanks to all those who wrote in with recommendations for magazines! Now we want to increase our TV reviews and we need your help :) What channels do you enjoy watching for gaming info? I'd be really appreciative if anyone could get back to me on this, including the relevant web links if you know them.

Thanks and watch this space for Darwinia on the telly!

Cheers,

Vicky
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:37 pm

Stuff like ITV, everyone has access to ITV. Freeview channels next and I don't have sky so...
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:01 pm

Gamenetwork?

even tho it is shit.

Or on Sky One - i think they have that program GamezVille or something like that. Thats pretty decent.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:11 pm

In the US G4TV is the main gaming channel, though I can't say I enjoy watching it. :)
Last edited by Stewsburntmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttm
level2
level2

Postby ttm » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:51 pm

sweaty bob wrote:Gamenetwork?

even tho it is shit.

Or on Sky One - i think they have that program GamezVille or something like that. Thats pretty decent.
I'm sorry, but both of those suggestions are total shit. Gamenetwork is total crap and Gamezville has never been good.

The only gaming program that I know of that is running now and is half-decent is Game TV on Bravo.
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:36 pm

ttm wrote:
sweaty bob wrote:Gamenetwork?

even tho it is shit.

I'm sorry, but both of those suggestions are total shit. Gamenetwork is total crap and Gamezville has never been good.

The only gaming program that I know of that is running now and is half-decent is Game TV on Bravo.

Who cares if the programs are shit?

People still watch the shit?

So they will go oh wow looks a good game... ill go get the demo/buy it.

So that means money for IV?

kthnxstfu.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:47 pm

For international coverage, there's a TV show airing in Canada and the US called Electric Playground:

http://www.elecplay.com/
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:15 pm

There are no decent shows about games on TV :| At least not that I've seen in the UK for many years
Volumunox
level1
level1

Postby Volumunox » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:49 pm

why don't we all just get a couple of 100 posters and go hang em up ? i mean free ads :P

loved Darwinia so much that i'd do it ;)

and in the first post ITV was mentioned so i just wanna ask.. what is ITV ? lol
else don't know of any Channels or such.. only get the danish magazines :-/
da_zeg
level2
level2

Postby da_zeg » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:09 pm

Say the word, and spam emails can be sent in their millons (somehow fitting).

Vairious places can be graffed up, posters can be applied all over the place.

But the best thing that could happen as far as exposure could go is some kid blaming a shooting spree on the game, or perhaps, to a lesser extent someone dying due to an epileptic fit bought on but the low framerates some people seem to experience. That happens, national news, maximum exposure.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:47 am

da_zeg wrote:Say the word, and spam emails can be sent in their millons (somehow fitting).

Vairious places can be graffed up, posters can be applied all over the place.

But the best thing that could happen as far as exposure could go is some kid blaming a shooting spree on the game, or perhaps, to a lesser extent someone dying due to an epileptic fit bought on but the low framerates some people seem to experience. That happens, national news, maximum exposure.

That gives me a great idea!

/me writes a note in case somethings goes wrong:

"To whom it may concern:

I can't get the little red men out of my head. They are everywhere. I have decided to take action to prevent their take over of the world. If I should fail in my mission I can only hope that some one else will take it upon themselves to finish it for me.

Best of luck,
xander"

/me grabs his government mandated, 5th Amendment protected AK-47, and several clips of ammo

Well, later all.

xander
Volumunox
level1
level1

Postby Volumunox » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:12 am

lol

i think there would be.. a low odds chance that, that would happen.
But i like Introversion they got some nice and different games, so if we get the word out to ppl i think they'd try it, when i first saw it i though but thats a old game till my friend said it wasn't so i tried it out cuz it looked intresting.
and i think alot of the old addicts to tron and suchh would get it :) if they havn't allready lol
thaimodz
level1
level1

Postby thaimodz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 pm

I will be very appreciated if you send us a localized ad poster in Thai. There are no local game channels, the Thai iTV is great about technology stuffs.
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:06 am

Well The Screen Savers (now called Attack Of The Show) on G4TechTV/G4TV said they would do a review of Darwinia when it was released. I believe I still have the video of it up on AWOL.

But as far as I know that never came to pass. I don't know because I find it next to impossible to watch any show on the network since it's so bad.
There is no patch for human stupidity.
Dr4goN
level3
level3

Postby Dr4goN » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:05 am

The best Polish gaming station is Hyper(I don't know do ya have it). And Gamenetwork is good too!

Return to “General”