What do you want to see in the next patch?

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

trin
level1
level1

What do you want to see in the next patch?

Postby trin » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:52 am

For me its:

- add a pause key
- add an option to adjust the sound/music level or to mute sound/music
- in the map editor if you use the right mouse button, only the camera view should move and not the mouse cursor. the mouse cursor should be centered or hidden, until the right mouse button is released
- fix for the epilogue crash (didn't happen to me, but a lot of people seem to complain about it)
- fix for the map editor error "couldn't create data/levels/newlevel.txt". I know there is a workaround, but not everbody reads these forums
- fix for the reproducible lockup if you reenter the yard level, after finishing the game and map editor turned off
- fix for the manual use of battle cannons. If you use a battle cannon in manual mode, often (especially in the last level) the camera is spinning around like crazy. It impossible to use the cannon then, the only thing you can do to regain control, is pressing space to deselect it.
- fix for virii following engineers through water (well it is not that important ;) )
- add more boot loaders :D

What would you like to see in the patch?
Last edited by trin on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:57 am

Will-a-copy-to-appear-by-chalking-out-darwinian-figure-and-putting-thirty-quid-in-it functionality.
Wyverncrest
level1
level1

Postby Wyverncrest » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:00 am

I tend to agree with trin's suggestions, but I'm not sure about viruses in the water needing a fix. I don't have a problem with enemies in the water as long as we can see them. Preventing enemies from going into the water might actually make engineers too survivable.

Somewhat related - being able to get a quick population count by type of creature would be nice. That way a player can more easily check whether there might be something hiding in the water unnoticed.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:00 am

yes there should be a tool that counts the number of units in a specified area.

For example: You press and hold the CTRL key, and then click and drag to create a rectagle or circle drawn on the map. Then a display comes up, for example:

113 Green Darwinians
100 Virii
3 Spiders
goldfenix
level0

Postby goldfenix » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:09 am

I like all the suggestions so far. Here are a few things I can think of:

Fix memory leak on Pattern Buffer.
Fix Engineer text so it doesn't say they can build bridges at level 4.
Perhaps add another level that plays like the biosphere. I loved that level.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:09 am

Personally, I want the patch to include a barrel of monkeys and Mac binaries.

xander
Nymphetamine
level0

Postby Nymphetamine » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:17 am

For me its a "invert mouse" option , its driving me crazy , as im used to pushing the mouse forward to make the camera move down and vice-verca :(
Cyberdyne
level1
level1

Postby Cyberdyne » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:13 am

A readme.txt with common problems and fixes, some indication of what sound, video hardware works best.
Command line switches for safe mode, video, sound and debug mode for mod makers.

The game should also start up for the first time with the same resolution/refresh rate as your desktop. When I first loaded it up, it switched refresh rate to 60 from 85 and I had to resize and centre the screen with my monitor controls to see anything.(My monitor hates 60hz).

Extend the modding capabilities to include models/units! The main reason I bought this game was because of the supposedly excellent modding capabilitites. I have no real interest in just making maps, and from what I can gather neither do IV have any interest in making more levels, they want the community to do it.
sfsdfd
level1
level1

Postby sfsdfd » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:41 am

There's a bug with the cannon - every time you select it, the camera moves upward to give you an aerial view. That's not too bad the first time, but every time you select the same cannon, the camera moves up more, until you can't even see any land.

- David Stein
martin
level5
level5

Umm obvious demand

Postby martin » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:27 am

Multiplayer Mode
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
HelixStalwart
level0

Postby HelixStalwart » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:47 am

Remove the Spectrum bootloader - that flashing screen is an epilepsy risk.
Starfyre
level5
level5

Postby Starfyre » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:50 am

HelixStalwart wrote:Remove the Spectrum bootloader - that flashing screen is an epilepsy risk.

So is the spectrum!
But seriously, it seems as if noone likes the Speccy bootloader :(
It's so classic :o
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:53 am

The speccie bootloader doesn't seem that much of an epilepsy risk to me, but then, to particullarily sensitive people, just playing the game could trigger the epilepsy (which is why most games and software have epilepsy warnings on them)
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:27 pm

Darwinia never caused me refresh or rez problems, but then again I know I use the same native rez that Chris uses. As for the speccie loader, it pwns.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Moleculor
level2
level2

Postby Moleculor » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:13 pm

sfsdfd wrote:There's a bug with the cannon - every time you select it, the camera moves upward to give you an aerial view. That's not too bad the first time, but every time you select the same cannon, the camera moves up more, until you can't even see any land.

- David Stein

This occurs on unmanned turrets only, though.

What I want to see is screensavers made out of the boot loaders and the credits, but fully customizeable in their text and colors. (Except I could do without the raytracer, and I don't even comprehend the "Sensible Software" one.) Oh, yeah, and I want to see the states of objects actually SAVE. If you revisit the beaten Temple, the spam is back. A few other bugs, like the pattern_buffer trunk ports not being open on other maps and such would be nice too.

Return to “General”