Downloadable version?

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:10 pm

martin wrote:
xander wrote:...I want Darwinia -- not because it is the newest, greatest game...
xander

What do you mean that its not the greatest game? :evil: Take that back, its amazing.

Umm... (/me ducks and attempt to cover his ass) No... umm... what I said was... umm... the reason that I want Darwinia is other than... umm... it being the newest, greatest game... uhh... yeah.

Do you think they bought it?

All joking aside, Darwinia is a great game. If it were another Warcraft / Half-Life / RTS / FPS / Whatever, I wouldn't care at all. I love Darwinia. It is one of the most interesting things I have seen in a long time. I just lack patience. ^_^

xander
Last edited by xander on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:12 pm

"I like my little Mac lappy.She does what she needs to get done and lets me play....."

err...ok

do you love her?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:13 pm

Darwin00uk wrote:"I like my little Mac lappy.She does what she needs to get done and lets me play....."

err...ok

do you love her?

I do, very much. We are planning on getting married in the spring. I am hoping that our children all have the same smiling, LCD face of their mother.

xander
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:15 pm

I hope you use some sort of protection,could get nasty!

zzzzzzzt...zzzzzap
:lol:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:18 pm

Darwin00uk wrote:I hope you use some sort of protection,could get nasty!

zzzzzzzt...zzzzzap
:lol:

Pleasure in pain, baby, pleasure in pain.

xander
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:20 pm

You see,this perfectly demonstrates the difference between PC and Mac users.

We tend to go for organic materials.
Zolyx
level0

Postby Zolyx » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:29 pm

I'm patient enough to wait for my postal copy if it comes to it, but I've just bought Darwinia via Paypal off the website and am desperately hoping that I might get a download link by email sometime soon... well, I can hope, can't I? :shock:
sk2k
level0

Postby sk2k » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:34 pm

Thread hijackers are everywhere. :D

No official answer? The same as with my email that i sent some weeks ago to IV. What should i think about this?

I prefer buying online and downloading the game.

MfG
sk2k
Maccher5555
level2
level2

Postby Maccher5555 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:06 pm

xander wrote:Now that it is 4 March in the US (except maybe in Hawai'i), I move that we riot on the grounds of Ambrosia Software. Is there a second?

xander
I'm in!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:34 pm

sk2k wrote:Thread hijackers are everywhere. :D

No official answer? The same as with my email that i sent some weeks ago to IV. What should i think about this?

I prefer buying online and downloading the game.

MfG
sk2k

In the past, IV has been known to miss deadlines. The way I read the roadmap, they have blown by the web release one. It will happen when it happens, and I doubt that there are more than four people in the world that could tell you exactly when things will happen. Even then, I would imagine that those four people could only hit the exact date to within a standard deviation or two.

I am sorry that we are not getting an official answer, but the boys at IV probably have other things to do. After they recover from their hangovers, we may get an answer. ^_^ Meanwhile, I am going to try to be patient about the Mac release, and nag Ambrosia. I think patience may be the best policy.

xander
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:10 am

First off, it's not solely ASW's fault, since John from IV is the person actually doing the port. Second, if it's not ready, then it's not ready. It'll be released when it's ready. Complaining will only piss people off.
sk2k
level0

Postby sk2k » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:57 am

:( Sorry, but i'm a bit dissapointed from IV. I thought we can buy the web version on release day.

I'm on windows and the roadmap clearly states that the web windows version is done. They have known that there is a demand for a download version and they had enough time to set up all the stuff that's needed to let the consumer buy Darwinia online.

I think they want to force the people to buy the shop version. :/

MfG
sk2k
Spectre45
level0

Postby Spectre45 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:43 am

sk2k wrote::( Sorry, but i'm a bit dissapointed from IV. I thought we can buy the web version on release day.

I'm on windows and the roadmap clearly states that the web windows version is done. They have known that there is a demand for a download version and they had enough time to set up all the stuff that's needed to let the consumer buy Darwinia online.

I think they want to force the people to buy the shop version. :/

MfG
sk2k

Think about it. What are your two options of buying the game? Through a store in the UK, or online. The Web Windows version is just the version you buy online, there's no downloadable version.
sk2k
level0

Postby sk2k » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:22 am

I think (and hope:)) that you are wrong. For me a web version is software which you can buy and then download.

And why made IV no clarifying post?

MfG
sk2k
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:10 am

because they had a release party last night and probably all have hangovers, And also if you scan back a few pages in the news forum you will find that they said web downloads will not happen until a while after release, Which kinda ends the debate really.

Return to “General”