Darwinia 2..errr..no...Expansion pack...ofcourse!

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:28 pm

In reply to Rkiver......because your making such a fuss. :lol:
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:31 pm

How is repeatedly stating what Introversion themselves have said making a fuss? I am sorry, I just cannot grasp how you are unable to grasp what Introversion themselves have stated? You seem to be incapable of processing what I am saying. Hence the so called "fuss". Perhaps you need a time out?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:34 pm

Awww come on....relax dude.

You have an oppinion and so do I.

Friends? :D
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:35 pm

While that is true, my opinion is based on known information from what Chris himself has said, and yours is not. But that is life. Who knows, maybe they will make an expansion, but I doubt it.

Sure, I'll let it be. Now as you can see, arguements like this are the life of forums, and make them fun. I have no problem getting along with you at all, as long as you don't mind the odd heated debate. :D
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:39 pm

thats so funny...oh man...you make me laugh!!

remember,you have to be patient with me I'm just a poor little english peasant oppressed by the monarchy.

Cool ,so we agree there is a chance of an expansion.

and stop editing your posts thats not fair!!!!!
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:40 pm

Just like... chill. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

we can all harbour 'omg usux' opinions about eachother in private, surely? :P

Aaaanyway... no, they won't make an expansion. At least I don't think so. I guess when RK & Co talk to Chris in person tomorrow they can find out, then we'll know for sure.
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:41 pm

I can't wait!!!
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:56 pm

It would be better for us, if there was an expansion patch. Like they did with Nakatomi.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:04 pm

whatever we get, we wont get it for quite a while, IV wont release it unless its perfect.
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:59 am

well,thats debatable.

Uplink had bugs,so does Darwinia.There hasn't been a game released thats perfect.

Here we go.....
Superpig
level4
level4

Postby Superpig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:11 am

I'm astounded at the 'never going to happen' attitude some people have about this. Introversion are going to do what they want to do. What's an expansion pack except a mod created by the company?

Releasing an expansion pack isn't "milking the market for all it's worth." One would hope that Introversion like the game they've made, and would like to experiment with some ideas for levels that they didn't get around to doing the first time. Making people pay for it would be good business sense because, as has been noted, there's only four of them, and time spent making a free expansion pack is time not spent making the next commercial title. In the short run an expansion pack would be a good way to raise a little extra cash during development of the next game because they've already got the tools and technology developed.

Saying that it won't happen because "Introversion don't DO expansion packs" is just stupid. This is only their second game - and for all we know, the next project is an Uplink expansion pack.
Superpig
- Saving pigs from untimely fates
Darwin00uk
level2
level2

Postby Darwin00uk » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:19 am

Superpig...oh man....at last!

i thought I was the only one.

Seriously tho, its pretty obvious that this makes sense.i dont understand the reaction I got when I brought this up.

Its just how creative people work,if you make something cool...why not do it again and make it cooler.
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:22 am

Superpig wrote:Saying that it won't happen because "Introversion don't DO expansion packs" is just stupid. This is only their second game - and for all we know, the next project is an Uplink expansion pack.

Yeah, I've always thought IV will probably come up with a multiplayer expansion pack for Darwinia called "Darwinia: Future War". Nice name, no? =)
Superpig
level4
level4

Postby Superpig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:23 am

Whoa, steady - I'm not saying I think it's likely either, I'm just saying that it's totally possible. Regardless of what Chris may have told people on IRC, to the best of my knowledge he's not prescient, and if development on the next game is taking longer than expected he may well find that making a Darwinia expansion pack is the logical course of action.

While one would hope he likes Darwinia, I'm sure he'd like to get onto another project now, having worked on this one for a while.
Superpig

- Saving pigs from untimely fates
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:40 am

Superpig wrote:While one would hope he likes Darwinia, I'm sure he'd like to get onto another project now, having worked on this one for a while.

Understood, in the meantime if he will allow delegation of creating an expansion pack (ie mods, which I think he already did) to at least some of the Beta 2 testers to come up with the multiplayer pack (for free, or in the likeness of the Uplink DevCD) then that will be sweet! =D

Return to “General”