Online Games

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

simonk
level2
level2

Online Games

Postby simonk » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:36 am

Whats a good online game? RPG preferably, have played wulframe but is annoying on a 21inch monitor (the game runs in 800x600...pixellation to the max). have downloaded Conquer (512MB..sheesh) but havn't had a chance to play yet. Any good space MMORPGs?
Talking to you is like clubbing seals....disgusting but somewhat refreshing!
randombob
level2
level2

Postby randombob » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:42 am

Try EVE bloody amazing I tells ya...
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:03 am

For space games, I like Freelancer, it's kinda a roleplaying game, on some servers, but it doesn't have many elements of traditional MMORPGs
simonk
level2
level2

Freelancer

Postby simonk » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:37 pm

Yeah...I have played m any many hours of freelancer...gets monotomous after a while.

Dont you have to pay for EVE?
Dakkon
level2
level2

Postby Dakkon » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:40 pm

Freelancer's the ultimate space game, don't know about EVE.
simonk
level2
level2

Starport GE

Postby simonk » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:16 am

Found a cool spacey game called Starport GE...pretty cool..gfx a bit low but gameplay is good....Very similar to Freelancer except a 2D environment and you can build colonies. There agre guilds you buy into, trade, taxi fares, battles, Aliens and miscellaneous other thingumies. You guys should take a look. Typical game gos for 2 weeks, character stays in game for entire duration etc. Free to play 61MB download plus 3 or 4 MB patches.
randombob
level2
level2

Postby randombob » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:32 am

That the one downside about EVE, you do need a subscrition. :(

So if thats not your thing why not try X2-The Threat. Ok its not a MMORPG but its got gourgous graphics interesting plot and lots of NPC to shoot, trade with and stuff.

You can read about it at:
http://www.darwinia.hostmatrix.org/gaming
http://www.egosoft.com
simonk
level2
level2

Dont play Conquer

Postby simonk » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:38 am

I have tried playing Conquer...for several hours...but asshole humans prey on the weak. There is no newb games for newly created characters or new people to the game to build their character up, and anyone can jump in anytime, so idiots on power trips who are like level 70 plus take one swipe at you and your dead. The highest level i've attained is 12 (need to reach 15 before you can really do anything anyway...a fucking haircut...yes you can get a haircut...costs 500 silver!).

Oh yeah....you pretty much cant die in town...but as soon as you step outside the power trip wankers (No..they dont look like power rangers) kill you in 2 seconds. It gives them lots of experience and they steal all your silver...therefore leaving you penniless (a decent weapon costs about 250,000 silver -you get about 12 to 50 silver for low enemies), returned to the nearest town center miles from where you died, which once again leaves you up shit creek. On top of that any player can set a bounty on any other single player (for no reason), which then makes you even more of a target to the 200 plus people online at any time.

It's annoying that the people that run the game let this go on...makes me feel that I wasted my time downloading the 500Mb game and the 16mb patches to play the fucker!

My personal recommendation:

MUST FIND HACK TO LEVEL UP AND KILL LAUGHING MURDERES WHO KILLED POOR OLD NEWB ME! :twisted:

EDIT: hey Random Bob...that means I have to go out and buy the game. I just wanna play online games for free that are fun...youknow, be god in public instead of just at home sorta thing
Pathy
level2
level2

Postby Pathy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:26 pm

Most of the big MMOs require you to pay... There are a few good ones which are free.

Freelancer is fun, but gets kinda boring.

EVE is just... Ugh... EVE is horrible. The Most Horrible Horrible thing wrapped in a blanket of Horribility wrapped in an enema! >_>

http://bestcomicever.com/index.php?date=20040808
simonk
level2
level2

PE

Postby simonk » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:46 pm

Just downloaded Project Entropia (600Mb)...looks interesting...can make real money if you play it enough...or something like that
randombob
level2
level2

Postby randombob » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:34 pm

Not really you could and im only just thinking out loud here, use kazzar/WinMX or similar to "Share" a copy of a reasonably decent game.
I mean im not saying you should break the law by think of using a P2P to get free games but its your call to make.

edit: ok kazzar/WinMX are bad examples
Last edited by randombob on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonk
level2
level2

Would Love too

Postby simonk » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:37 pm

am currently working on a site, but the download for PE is built into the installer, so i dunno how you could get arounhd that. The installer is customised to each user hardware configs
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Re: Would Love too

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:12 pm

simonk wrote:am currently working on a site, but the download for PE is built into the installer, so i dunno how you could get arounhd that. The installer is customised to each user hardware configs

Sounds familiar! :D

Go IV!
If you see Kaye, why owe you?
Denro
level0

Postby Denro » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:52 am

Vendetta Online is a space sim in 3d much like Ambrosia's Escape Velocity. http://www.vendetta-online.com
aka Denro on World of Warcraft close forums
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:29 am

Entro <vomits> sorry, ugh, Entropia?

That's horrible, might I say. Sure, there are a lot of nice people and locations but there are a few bad ideas:

a) Must be cheat-proof, since you exchange virtual money into real money (!) and vice versa, thus is very, VERY, EXTREMLY laggy, unless you're on a 1gb/s lan with the server...

b) You won't earn anything sweating animals. And that's what you can do. You can't kill anything, since ammo COSTS, and melee weapons break very fast. You have to pay for everything, virtually everything. The game is made in such a way, that even a total n00b may become an elite semi-god if he invests 250$ in the game, might buy a house for a few bucks more...

Buying virtual things for real money?!

It's lame, I tell ya. It's a scam. You may theoreticly play it without money, but it is designed for you to pay!

Look into MU online. Actually I've been using muproxy to kill those nasty 560,1 level naughties... Quite fun killing a semi-god armoured in the best armor ever with weapons of mass destruction, overall a two-legged apocalipse... killed with a blunt stick.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.

Return to “General”