Noobs / Newbs

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Stealthblade
level1
level1

Noobs / Newbs

Postby Stealthblade » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:19 pm

Its unbelievable how many noobs think by signing up on the forum they can download the beta for the game. News Flash: You Can't!!!!!

You can't upload your sysinfo if your not in the beta. If your in the beta you can follow the link from the darwinia site and be able to upload the sysinfo. Do not bother wasting peoples time saying you can't upload you sysinfo file because your not in the beta.

Does it not annoy anyone that Noobs / Newbs come here onto the forum complaining they can't beta test. For the love of god. If you haven't been picked to beta test then don't complain. You don't deserve a computer, actually you don't deserve access to any computers or even a phone line.

Thanks for reading Non-Noobs. We all don't like them for there stupidity but then without them the world would be perfect now the world was never meant to be perfect unfortunately.
Float like a butterfly,
Sting like a bee,
Can't Stop,
What you can't see
http://www.stealthblade.co.uk/
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:53 pm

Wait. Hold up. You're telling newbies what to do? Who died and made you a non-newbie?

Hell:
Stealthblade
level1

You joined all of a week ago. You're still a newb yourself!

NeoThermic
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:55 pm

He's not acting like one though. :wink:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:58 pm

andcarne wrote:He's not acting like one though. :wink:

Not all newbies are stupid. Tarring them with one brush makes it very hard to become accepted in a community. hell, you only hav eto look at newbies such as Sam, who shocked us with his first post: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwin ... .php?t=491

You don't have to act like a newbie to be one. You just have to be here longer than a few months not to be a newbie. But to be a real vet, either you have to arrived from the Uplink fourms, or you have to gain new respect here.

NeoThermic
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4

Postby Lord_Doskias » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:24 pm

heh.
Stealthblade
level1
level1

Postby Stealthblade » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:22 pm

No you don't have to be here for a couple of months to get off the newbie status. Being a newbie is not a stutus it is how a person acts. Its annoying to see people who act stupid when the information is so obviously there. Come on now all im newbie at is linux and C++ programming to be honest. I ask stupid questions on forums about them and feel embaressed about it but thats different C++ is subject which must be learnt. Becoming a beta tester is easy you read a bit of info digest it and either your chosen or your not. Simple.
Float like a butterfly,

Sting like a bee,

Can't Stop,

What you can't see

http://www.stealthblade.co.uk/
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:32 pm

Being a noobie, as the name suggests, means being new, not asking stupid questions. Asking those questions is often just a consequence of being new.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:32 pm

Stealthblade wrote:No you don't have to be here for a couple of months to get off the newbie status. Being a newbie is not a stutus it is how a person acts. Its annoying to see people who act stupid when the information is so obviously there. Come on now all im newbie at is linux and C++ programming to be honest. I ask stupid questions on forums about them and feel embaressed about it but thats different C++ is subject which must be learnt. Becoming a beta tester is easy you read a bit of info digest it and either your chosen or your not. Simple.

A n00b:

1) Someone who is new to the forums. As in, new, newbie, n00b. See the connection? Well done.
2) USUALLY a n00b is all stupid, acting like they know everything, etc. Not always though. Just most of the time.

How many of those two points do you fit into? ;)
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:53 pm

Was that directed to me?

Not that my postcount wouldn't be 0,5k at this very moment....

Point one goes away.

Am I usually stupid? Good question. Usually stupid. Or, better, what's usually my name, or what's usually my age, or what's usually my eye-color.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:13 am

chemman wrote:Was that directed to me?

Point one goes away.

Am I usually stupid? Good question. Usually stupid. Or, better, what's usually my name, or what's usually my age, or what's usually my eye-color.

Er... yeah. Despite the 500 post count, you still don't act like you've got the know-how behind it ;)

If the poster quotes someone, then normally they are reffering to the person they quoted, not to the person who last posted.

NeoThermic
Slayer
level2
level2

Postby Slayer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:56 am

I would first like to point out that supposedly, there will be more phase 1 testers once phase 2 begins, so people who aren't in the test do, in fact, have a chance of getting in.

Secondly I welcome new members to the forums, and most of the regulars probably do too. Without them the forums, and the community as a whole, would stagnate and die off. Many of them don't know a lot of things about how things work, either in the forums or on the beta. So what? They're new, it's to be expecting. Don't attack them for it, just give them the information they need when they need it.
A different game, a second coming...
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:24 am

chemman wrote:Was that directed to me?

Point one goes away.

HAHAHAHA! Ah... your stupidity makes me laugh. See what NeoThermic said.
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:50 pm

While your has long crossed the treshhold of laughter.
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:53 pm

Er... yeah. Despite the 500 post count, you still don't act like you've got the know-how behind it ;)

If the poster quotes someone, then normally they are reffering to the person they quoted, not to the person who last posted.

NeoThermic

Sorry, I'm used to elDiablo trying to flame me. See the above. When I see eDiablo's post I just don't waste time reading it.
Deestan
level1
level1

Postby Deestan » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:35 pm

OK, game looks Really Promising, so I signed up for the forums and started poking around... Figured a thread named "noobs/newbs" seemed like a good place to start for me. Turns out it's a useless rant followed up by some flames. Nice.

Return to “General”