Views on piracy

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

tommy060289
level5
level5

Postby tommy060289 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:35 pm

I did express this extremly simple but seeing as you seem to have an even lower mental capacity than first thought. I said what my tipical impresion of the pirate was and you turned it on its side in an effort to compensate for the fact you couldn't figure out what someone who actualy knows what he is saying is talking about.

It would also appear you have no sense of humour as the little thing about cool pirates on boat and gaming pirates being boring and selfish was clearly a joke and holds little truth and boating pirates are not cool. However, the selfish one is most certainly correct as you refuse to pay for someone elses work. Im not saying some developers are not greedy and selfish but all gaming pirates are selfish.
!toidI ,rorrim eht ni kool

Subliminal (burn) messaging (your) is (friends) awesome!
cobject
level0

Postby cobject » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:52 pm

This is an interestingly funny topic. So much so, that I felt compelled to register just to join in and draw some fire away from the rest of these forum runners. I'm certain no one could have known when they took a turn down this road, that it would turn out to be 'Hogan's Alley'. lol

chemman, you're demonstrating symptoms of atypical BDP+Narcisism. Something tells me you won't really care for this and will probably retaliate downgrading my character and include such statements as the oxymoronic paragraph, as per an earlier post of yours. No offense, but seek help before you completely loose grip with reality and turn away all those that are close to you. Your delusions of persecution by others here, are also signs of mixed BPD+Narcisism+Paranoya. This might not be the real condition. But please, seek treatment.

A condition such as I stated as being a potential threat to your mental well being, doesn't deny you the intelligence and intellect that you possess, nor remove the fact you are perhaps a very talented cracker/programmer. It does, however, imply a corrosion of ability to distinguish the true nature of someone's intention, and in turn increase negative emotive responses.

signed,

not a laughing matter anymore!
gumbo
level1
level1

Postby gumbo » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 pm

The only Pritacry i can stand is pricary of OS cos linux is free anyway and windows is a rip off. Also games that have not been release yet is ok so long you buy the retail verision when they are. for example i have the HL2 engine which is fun to play around with and Doom 3( for the last 2 months). This type of priciry in fact helps the industry by indroution things that people can learn from and creating more skill people for the industry.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:19 am

Maybe you can pirate a copy of the English language. . . :P
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:24 pm

cobject wrote:This is an interestingly funny topic. So much so, that I felt compelled to register just to join in and draw some fire away from the rest of these forum runners. I'm certain no one could have known when they took a turn down this road, that it would turn out to be 'Hogan's Alley'. lol

chemman, you're demonstrating symptoms of atypical BDP+Narcisism. Something tells me you won't really care for this and will probably retaliate downgrading my character and include such statements as the oxymoronic paragraph, as per an earlier post of yours. No offense, but seek help before you completely loose grip with reality and turn away all those that are close to you. Your delusions of persecution by others here, are also signs of mixed BPD+Narcisism+Paranoya. This might not be the real condition. But please, seek treatment.

A condition such as I stated as being a potential threat to your mental well being, doesn't deny you the intelligence and intellect that you possess, nor remove the fact you are perhaps a very talented cracker/programmer. It does, however, imply a corrosion of ability to distinguish the true nature of someone's intention, and in turn increase negative emotive responses.

signed,

not a laughing matter anymore!

I have said sometime at those forums that I *am* insane, which is really a fact, no doubt about it. And a spitfire, if the dictionary I just used wasn't junk. That however does not negate that I can be productive. And that, in turn, shouldn't negate that I could do a logical after-crash report. Which is why I stay here hoping to join the beta.

As for reality, meaning the world outside the computer, I have the same character, but the good thing is that I am also building a house for myself. That is, exept the foundations, I am personally building it myself: http://www.collectivedesigns.com/9651.htm. But the difference is that the exterior walls (and some of the interior ones) are made of stone. That fortunally keeps me from spending too much time staring at the screen and practicly gives me health.
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:15 pm

What is BDP, btw?

Bandwidth Delay Product ?
Browser Distribution Program ?
Benefits Driven Procurement ?
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:21 pm

I believe that is supposed to be "BPD" as it is later written. In that case it would be Bi-polar Disorder, "a major affective disorder that is characterized by episodes of mania and depression." :)
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:26 pm

In that case I don't have BPD. Rather, psychosis. But I'm not the doctor, I'm the patient, so to speak.

I may be crazy, but I am not stupid.
gumbo
level1
level1

Postby gumbo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:25 am

Maybe you can pirate a copy of the English language. . .

Good idea and maybe I can spell the word color with a U in it while im at it.
PiD4x
level1
level1

Postby PiD4x » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:07 pm

Piracy isnt good I think everyone fundamentaly knows this... but for alot of people pirating games is the only way they would ever get to play them heh

I have never paid for a pirated game (or tryed to sell pirated games) thats just stupid, real stupid...and really wrong...

but i have played just about every game released in the last 6-8 years (since the time i was 12 heh), usually before it even hits the shelfs, and out of them all the only games i have bought in my time are Duke nukem 3D, Half-life, NFS: Underground, uplink, Midtown madness 2, motocross madness, and duce ex. (and possibly far cry after i build my new pc this month, at the moment i cant play it well enough to justify buying it heh)

Other then that i would say there havnt been any real, good games that have presented anything new except for better graphics, jsut same gameplay that gets boring real fast..., don't get me wrong, some games are worth buying just because of there engine/graphics lol

I download games, play them, if im still playing them in a month or two latter i tend to buy them if i can but most of the time i cant because im a student and have a low, low source of income heh

My moto generaly is, If i really like the game, then i support the developer., otherwise it tends to get deleted within a month or two.
(and since i have had a credit card, its been alot easyer to buy games that i cant get localy and have usually had to turn to warez for, even if i wanted to buy it! because my parents never let me use there credit cards, ever, for anything.)
cobject
level0

Postby cobject » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:21 am

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:I believe that is supposed to be "BPD" as it is later written. In that case it would be Bi-polar Disorder, "a major affective disorder that is characterized by episodes of mania and depression." :)

Yes Yes, I've been struggling with dyslexia, Tourett +ADD all of my life. I'll well acquainted with mental illness. This is what has caused me to study psychiatry. I'm starting my own practise soon. (not kidding =)

Anyhow, that's a great house design Chewman. And it's wonderfull to see you didn't take offense to my concern. Afterall, just cause I'm an aggressive gamer, doesn't mean that I don't have a clear and distinct love for my fellow world citizens. ;)

Take care. Busy busy busy.
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:08 am

I'm an antipsychiatrist, personally.
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:04 pm

cobject wrote:Yes Yes, I've been struggling with dyslexia, Tourett +ADD all of my life. I'll well acquainted with mental illness. This is what has caused me to study psychiatry. I'm starting my own practise soon. (not kidding =)

Anyhow, that's a great house design Chewman. And it's wonderfull to see you didn't take offense to my concern. Afterall, just cause I'm an aggressive gamer, doesn't mean that I don't have a clear and distinct love for my fellow world citizens. ;)

Take care. Busy busy busy.

Hmm, dyslexia. In that cane I can forgive you spelling chemman the wrong way.

And I am not normal, and do not wish to be such. For normal means average, and I'm not average.

But what do you mean by "fellow world citizens"?
Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:33 pm

You're hardly the best at spelling yourself :/
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
chemman
level4
level4

Postby chemman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:44 pm

Did I ever say I was good at spelling? Nope, cause I'm not. Sheesh, considering that I learned it myself, it isn't all that bad, since I'm much better at speech.

Return to “General”