Want to be a beta tester? Read this

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Want to be a beta tester? Read this

Postby Soulkeeper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:42 pm

Hi guys. I just registered as a user on the forums, and have also applied for a beta-tester position. However, I have noticed quite a few posts from n00bs not knowing how to register (even though IV have been quite clear on this). Therefore, I shall spoon feed the information to you.

(1) Register in these forums using this link. After filling in your details...

(2) Register for application here

THIS CAN NOT BE MADE ANY CLEARER! If you still can't figure it out, don't apply. In fact, format your hard drive and cancel your Internet account (source: maddox).
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:48 pm

If someone can't figure out how to apply without instructions, frankly, they don't deserve to be in the beta test
Punisher Bass
level5
level5

Postby Punisher Bass » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:49 pm

I'd have to agree with Darksun on this.

To quote George Carlin-"The kid who swallows too many marbles, doesn't grow up to have kids of his own".
There is no patch for human stupidity.
Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:52 pm

Well, I thought I'd lend a helping hand to our n00b friends and give Chris a few more E-mail addresses to filter through :twisted:. Ah, well, hopefully, this thread will stop the random n00b questions...well, at least slow the torrent to a trickle.
- I see your destiny, I control your fate. I am the Guardian Soulkeeper. -
elDiablo
level5
level5

Postby elDiablo » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:58 pm

Nothing stops random n00b questions. Nothing. We are doomed, do you hear me? DOOMED!
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:02 pm

All hail the n00bs who can stumble through a site, full of information, and remain completely oblivious on how it all works.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:02 pm

Punisher Bass wrote:I'd have to agree with Darksun on this.

To quote George Carlin-"The kid who swallows too many marbles, doesn't grow up to have kids of his own".

And the collery?

At least the kid will never loose his marbles!

I'll agree with Darksun and PB on this, as the instructions to apply are really simple. If they can't be followed, how are they expected to produce a bug report?

Well, the effort is commendable.

NeoThermic
Spook
level2
level2

Postby Spook » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:20 pm

elDiablo wrote:Nothing stops random n00b questions. Nothing. We are doomed, do you hear me? DOOMED!

Halo, I loist my up-link keycard, cn ne1 snd me a nuw wun?

:wink: :lol:

Andrew
Andcarne
level4
level4

Postby Andcarne » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:52 pm

Yeah, if someone isn't smart enough to read the text on a website, I don't think we want them decreasing our chances of getting in the beta. :wink:
Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:00 pm

Do you think I should keep this active after beta apps have closed? Hmm, best not.

INBOX

Subject: u k3r
Message: u f3kin l0z3r......ur st00p1d h3lp pg dnt wrk........f1cks 1t!!!!!!!!!!1111111
sweaty bob
level5
level5

Postby sweaty bob » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:03 pm

Soulkeeper wrote:Do you think I should keep this active after beta apps have closed? Hmm, best not.

INBOX

Subject: u k3r
Message: u f3kin l0z3r......ur st00p1d h3lp pg dnt wrk........f1cks 1t!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Soulkeeper
level3
level3

Postby Soulkeeper » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:09 pm

Just taking the micky, bob. I take it you have never read the idiot mail on gamesites or fansites?

I started the thread as a little help for people who don't suss out that the 'Apply' link effectively doubles as a register link to the forum, and a register link to the beta. Ah, the wonders of PHP, how fun it is to confuze many not-so-smart an individual.

Although, andcarne has a point. I shouldn't have started this thread 'cos it decreases my chances...and everyone elses of becoming a tester...oh well, thats what I get for being nice once in a while. Don't worry all, my niceness rarely lasts and I'm not due for another few months at the least :D
Iwudacus
level2
level2

Postby Iwudacus » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:51 am

elDiablo wrote:Nothing stops random n00b questions. Nothing. We are doomed, do you hear me? DOOMED!

Welll... This is my first time ever on any forum. I think I prove that noobs aren't really the problem, since I'm technically one. The problem is dumb (or, to be more politically correct, I can call them impatient) noobs who don't bloody well read. I believe I have at least 2 or 3 living braincells in the old grey chunk, and that was enough to figure out how to get through everything.

And yes, I did post that "?" topic (which I hope everyone is avoiding) by accident, but that was plain old human stupidity, not noob stupidity. (I hit the "new topic" button instead of the "reply" button :oops: )

So anyhoo, that was my (hopefully slightly enlightening) 2 cents gracelessly tossed into the fray.

Ra for 2 cents! Ra for the fray!
Iris
level5
level5

Postby Iris » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:49 am

Iwudacus wrote:

Welll... This is my first time ever on any forum. I think I prove that noobs aren't really the problem, since I'm technically one. The problem is dumb (or, to be more politically correct, I can call them impatient) noobs who don't bloody well read. I believe I have at least 2 or 3 living braincells in the old grey chunk, and that was enough to figure out how to get through everything.

And yes, I did post that "?" topic (which I hope everyone is avoiding) by accident, but that was plain old human stupidity, not noob stupidity. (I hit the "new topic" button instead of the "reply" button :oops: )

So anyhoo, that was my (hopefully slightly enlightening) 2 cents gracelessly tossed into the fray.

Ra for 2 cents! Ra for the fray!

Well said. Now you've already distanced yourself as a thinker from the rest of the newcomers. Nice going.
Sirveri
level1
level1

Postby Sirveri » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:35 pm

The real question I'd like to ask is, where are these nnobs who can't figure out how to apply for Beta with the very instructions on the beta test ap page?
Look honey, I'm hax0ring the academic records, now I'll be able to get a job!

Return to “General”