Inspiration for Introversion! Ra!

Anything and everything

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco, Chris

Aubrey
level0

Postby Aubrey » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:42 am

"First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" - Gandhi

And on that note, you guys have been equally inspirational to me. If I hadn't played Uplink, I doubt I'd be the pompous, stuck up, arty farty, rage-against-the-machine game designer that I am today :p
Jdman
level0

Postby Jdman » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:19 pm

the screenshots from darwinia remind me of the gamecube game pikmin. kinda weird looking but addictive(i hope)
Slayer
level2
level2

Postby Slayer » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:58 am

chemman wrote:Killing costomers is just a bad form of overexploiting them. It is a fact, that MCDonnalds is aware of all those people they've killed (via heart attacks for example, caused by fat), but they don't want to stop that. After all, not all customers die, and until they do, they bring in a lot of money.

Unless they force the customers to eat their food instead of someone elses, that isn't McDonalds killing the customers, it's the customers commiting suicide. Otherwise, any other suicide would in fact be murder by the company who made the gun/knife/pills/rope/whatever.

This whole thing with McDonalds being sued for 'making people fat' is an attempt to remove accountability from the people who put themselves into that state by choosing not to eat healthily or diet enough... and the government supports this because if you can get people thinking it's *OK* to restrict their choice for their own good, (because of course, they aren't capable of being responsible for themselves,) it makes it a lot easier to restrict their choice on other things.

...Ouch, did I just go on a massive rant there? Sorry, it kinda slips out once in a while.
A different game, a second coming...
Mad_Big_Sausage
level2
level2

Postby Mad_Big_Sausage » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:09 pm

I have to start off by saying I have no problems with individual Americans. They can be great, fun, intelligent people! But Americans as a whole really annoy me!

[rant]
Come on! The McDonald's thing??? Parent's just looking for a scapegoat because they let their kids get fat?

They voted Bush into the world's most powerful position! Didn't they listen to him before entering their voting booths? Obviously not!

They can't spell words properly! (Colour, grey.........)

The list goes on!
[/rant]

The phrase "Only in America" was coined for a reason!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:38 pm

Well I think it is silly to type more than you need too. Do we really need the extra 'u's? I do tend to use "grey" though, but that is problematic as HTML doesn't recognise it (it uses "gray"). I should also point out that nearly half a million more votes were cast for Gore than for Bush. Americans did not vote Bush in they elected him in (due to a screwy electoral system hold over from the 1700's). :)

Return to “General”