Tron

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Hektik sniper
level5
level5

Postby Hektik sniper » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:58 pm

Although tron sucks in SP, its rather good in MP. The newest patch added Team Derez which is cool. The disc tournaments are good too.
British Army The Number 1 UK Soldat Clan
Winners of Storm and Destory CTF
MrDictionary
level2
level2

Postby MrDictionary » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:43 pm

That's a point. If Darwinia uses any terminology from Tron, I'm gonna cry. :(
Hiryuu
level2
level2

Postby Hiryuu » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:14 pm

I don't know... having a logic bot randomly screaming YES and NO could be amusing, especially when you're starting out and don't have a clue about the game...

"YES"
"What's that? Mass more troops?"
"NO"
"Ok... how about air support?"
"YES"
"Will they survive if I send them over to attack?"
"YES"
"Ok!"
(time passes)
"Damn you!!! My air units are decimated! Why did I listen to you?!"
"YES NO YES NO NO NO NO"
"..."
"YES YES YES"

Then the logic bot flips out and explodes, leaving you without a deranged game helper. Thing.
Money goooood! Fire baaaad! FIRE! BAAAAAAAAAD!
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:49 pm

Nos! Nos! Nos!
Not in a lame tutorial thingymajong way!
Just as a funny companion.
iGAME...on the PC
Hiryuu
level2
level2

Postby Hiryuu » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:52 pm

Aww.. ok :cry: Can it still be absolutely mental though?
Sirveri
level1
level1

Postby Sirveri » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:57 am

Gravitron wrote:Now that you mention it, RTS is kind of stuck as well as it would seem for the moment.
StarCraft sure would make an awesome movie, though.
I believe that, if it were, and was it done right, SC: The Movie could become the first successful "a game made movie" film.

I dunno, Resident Evil was pretty successfull as a movie. But I do agree with you about RTS's. They are completly stale at the moment. In fact I think the entire game industry is starting to get stale. Choose your own adventure had you going completly differant paths to completly differant targets. I've never seen a RPG or a FPS do this. Because the devs seem to think or know that the audience will only play thru once and then complain because the game was so short. So they put ALL the content onto a limited stream, they don't bother breaking it into differant possibilities. No, you HAVE to go everywhere.
Look honey, I'm hax0ring the academic records, now I'll be able to get a job!
Smart guy
level1
level1

Postby Smart guy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:07 am

I agree with Gravitron.

Why does every game has to be FPS?? FPS, FPS, FPS!!!!! Why FPS?? Why not TPS (Third-Person Shooter)??? It's just plain annoying that every game uses the fucking FPS system. I'm getting tired of those, there's just too much FPS.
Acronym
level0

Postby Acronym » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:29 pm

Sirveri wrote:But I do agree with you about RTS's. They are completly stale at the moment. In fact I think the entire game industry is starting to get stale.

I dunno. The game industry might be getting stale, but I don't think RTS's are at a dead-end just yet. Dawn Of War looks pretty promising, as does Ground Control 2. And perimeter, for that matter, which someone else mentioned. They're all trying new things, trying to break away from the mould that Dune 2000 set years ago.

Actually, I blame Dune 2000 (or Dune 2, or whichever...) for the cause of all the greif to the RTS genre up to this point. If there hadn't been the emphasis on the spice in those games, RTS's would have seen beyond the need for resource gathering and micro-management that's been in nearly every RTS since, and would have been able to focus on different game-play styles like the games I mentioned above are just doing.
Hiryuu
level2
level2

Postby Hiryuu » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:31 pm

Yay Splinter Cell! A prime example of TPS! As is Thief: Deadly Shadows!

BTW: PT's multiplayer is fantastic, but the single player campaign is a *LOT* easier than the original's. It sucks.
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:34 pm

Was it not for that goddamned aweful camera (and its modes), wolverine x-2 would've made a very entertaining TPS.

I liked the RageSoft (RIP)'s Expendable and Incoming titles, very invigorating, for its time (even got a returned email from them after submitting feedback thanking me and commenting on the points I raised, nice people).

Monolith's Septerra Core was also very funky.

Ironically, and sadly, it would seem that every time I try to focus and think of a game I enjoyed I have to go several years past (heck, I still hold Contra and Double Dragon as ones of the best games I've ever played), as if aside a few good ones down the history, the rest are mere notches in the publishers's belts, and not really going anywhere.

Long live Jeff Petersen (SubSpace&Infantry).
iGAME...on the PC

Return to “General”