Map Concept

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

Map Concept

Postby GreenRock » Sun May 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Here is the first screen shot the creator sent to me. He showed me the basic layout, and I decided to add some fences to keep the focus on the fight in the middle. I conveyed this idea to him by drawing the fences in MS Paint.

The creator implemented the fences I suggested, but only three colors can be supported on the editor.... yes I think that was the problem. We agreed that the battle in the "arena" in the middle was too open. So I asked for some obstacles to break up the fight a bit.

The final version was made, and the change from the original grass and dirt field to the now snowy and dark map suggested that this is a war-torn field.

I completely forgot who designed this map for me :/
Anyways, the point of it was to have the home bases impossible to be captured. Then, I (well not me exactly) planned to put a statue in the middle of the map, as well as all the team capture zones. The very moment you get full control of the statue, you automatically capture it. The players can only focus on attack, not on defending their bases. KOTH would be pretty cool too....
Last edited by GreenRock on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon May 31, 2010 12:51 am

I like the look of the map, looks interesting to play. :)

If it's not playable yet, send me a pm with the map and I'll try to get it to play.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 am

That's just the thing. I don't have the file for the map. I gave my concept to someone and they designed it for me. They sent previous screenshots during the early development, which I should now post...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Have you checked old PMs? I'm kind of interested in seeing what becomes of this map.
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 am

Yay! An arena of death! cool. :D

Return to “Mods and Maps”