My first map...Little/Big Island!

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The Daemons
level2
level2

My first map...Little/Big Island!

Postby The Daemons » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Here's the screenshots for the maps I've made.

Little Big Island. I know it's a fairly small map, but this is my first attempt at it, so tell me what you guys think: good, needs improvement, etc. Any suggestions are welcome. NEW: the zip file also has a variation of this map that's Futurewinians vs Evilinians.

Blood Gulch (yes, like Halo, I tried to make it look a little like the Halo map). This map is available for Domination, King Of The Hill, and Capture The Statue:

This one is called Think Fast, because if you look at the starting spawns, they're pretty close together, I thought this would make for an interesting tactical decision at the very start of the game. :P This map is available for Domination, and King Of The Hill. Capture The Statue coming soon:

NEW: Nomads. It's been a little while, but I've been wanting to make a map like this for a while, 'cause it kind of takes on a different style than a traditional Domination map. AI is a little dumb, but the Evils are no problem.

Ok, here's the zip file that has all of the maps bundled together, as well as thumbnails and the language file that has map names and descriptions (just put the whole folder in your Multiwinia directory):
http://www.mediafire.com/?dmrdjyzmmdn

Whenever I make a new map, or I fix any existing maps I'll just update this zip file, so as to make it easy to download them all. I'll also add screenshots for new maps.
Last edited by The Daemons on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:40 am

The map seems to be a bit unbalanced, in that the team near the biggest hill takes longer to get to the Hill, and even more to the extra spawn point.
There's a general agreement that one of IV's two player maps has the same problem.

However, I haven't played against another human to confirm this.

Against the AI, the map is super easy, because they completely ignore the Hill. So if you just take it and give them some resistance near the extra spawn and the the path near the coast, you get enough of a lead to win every time, even if they destroy every one of your mws by the end.
Maybe put an AITarget in the middle of the Hill?

Thanks for making the map. :)
Hope my comments don't discourage you from working on it.

Edit: To upload an image of the map, you have to take a screenshot of it (pressing P), find where it was saved, upload it to imageshack or something similar, and then post here using the [ img ] tag.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am

Phelanpt wrote:Maybe put an AITarget in the middle of the Hill?

Make sure when you do this to make the last two AITarget values "1.00" and "0" respectively. The first value changes the priority of pathfinding through/to this node, 1.00 is the highest priority, 0.00 is normal. The second value when set to 0 makes the pathfinding ignore cliffs when going through this node.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:05 pm

I hate then name, LBP was so 2008, besides it was total flop, but I guess kids still play it right?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:06 pm

Other then that, can you upload a picture so I can check if it's worth it?
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:49 pm

From the perspective of the screenshot, which hill is unbalanced?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 am

seems rather nice, seem bit like hamburger hill.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks. It's actually a lot smaller than Hamburger Hill. I made a huge edit to my original post, so new maps and fixes will appear there.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 am

The Daemons wrote:From the perspective of the screenshot, which hill is unbalanced?

I haven't played any of the maps, but at a wild guess I'd say the green guys are disadvantaged. Their hill looks bigger amd they are further away from the only other spawn point.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:26 pm

I would like to play those maps with you, wich time you're on?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 pm

I don't actually have Multiwinia installed at the moment and I generally avoid playing online (usually have 2-4 second server ping due to location) but if your interested, 12 hours from now?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 pm

right, I metn deamons, but you're fine too only make it like 18 hours and we're on
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

ill see what i can do - might be busy around then
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 pm

be ready for you.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 pm

I actually don't have the full game yet. The only way I've been able to play any of these maps is by replacing the demo maps with my custom ones. I'm not going to say how I did it, because I don't want people to start doing that and then not buying the game. At some point, I'm gonna order the Multiwinia tin, then making maps will be a lot easier. I don't think this would work with multiplayer unless both players were replacing the same demo-friendly maps with the same custom ones.

But I hope you guys enjoy playing them with each other. Then, just come back here and let me know of any balance issues or other problems that need to be fixed. :)

Return to “Mods and Maps”