Draw maps here!

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Updated CyanMap2 to have some more multiwiniazones and some better Pathing etc;

CyanMap2, Version 2

Gave it a bit of a facelift, too;

The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Jordy... wrote:

Code: Select all

0000*0000
0+00000/0
0000/0000
000/0/000
00/000/00
0/00000/0
0/00000/0
00/000/00
000/0/000
0000/0000
0/00000+0
0000*0000

Or did you want the whole circle raised up and a valley in the middle of it?

As an aside, this is spawned from this;

Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:04 pm

No this is exactly what I meant this is awesome, very nice, only the threes in this formation ) ( in the circle for giving cover to reach the other side of the circle are missing. I like the touch of the shields wich kind of make it look like a cage fight or something right?
I also played the new version of the 2nd map and it's nice, only the cpu doesn't seem to understand as it's only going for the main circle and from there attacking my spanws :) but even tho I was outnumbered 3 or 2 to 1 I won easily because of the ramp so that part works fine. But it should be a great map on multiplayer, Could you only mae the same map only without circles for dom? want to try that out maybe little shorter and deeper valley?

I also want to ask you if you would place these maps on your server in the event of a tourney? I will try to make a tourney then with custom made maps.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:25 pm

If by "server", you mean a multiwinia game server, I don't run fishbowl - I simply gave up my key to bert "for the cause", to do what he wants with, and afaik he decided to run fish bowl, so, you'd have to ask bert & the rest of that crowd.

If you wanted to run a tournament with custom maps, you should really play them with people a bit to make sure you're happy with how they play. I have no idea if anyone's actually been able to play any of these maps with anyone else yet for any length of time yet.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok, I'll ask Bert. And you're right they should be playtested a bit, but if we know who is in we can playtest them together. You mind putting up your latest creation in a textfile? I can't waite to pay it tbh.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Jordy... wrote:Ok, I'll ask Bert. And you're right they should be playtested a bit, but if we know who is in we can playtest them together. You mind putting up your latest creation in a textfile? I can't waite to pay it tbh.

CyanMap3, Version 1
There's still some problems like crates dropping just outside the fences at the sides, but I'll probably rectify that some day.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Hmm, I think it should be possible to put those in the appropriate server rotation. Give me a day or two. I have to say I don't really like map three. It doesn't look like any interesting strategy is going to be happening there, only a micromanagement spamfest.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:56 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:a micromanagement spamfest.

As I understood things, that was supposed to be the chief draw of it...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:56 am

I like it it's great, only one thing, could you fill up the area between this ) ( 2 lines of trees, fully with other trees so that it's really thick and you don't see any multiwinia's incoming at all, and you could use one big tree like in the holy tree level for the middle. But yeah the micro thing was indeed my intention :). For me that is one of the things I like best about mw, as so do some other players I'm sure.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Hmm, I think it should be possible to put those in the appropriate server rotation. Give me a day or two.
Done. They should all three come up now and then, and the server also allows solo play.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Jordy... wrote:I like it it's great, only one thing, could you fill up the area between this ) ( 2 lines of trees, fully with other trees so that it's really thick and you don't see any multiwinia's incoming at all, and you could use one big tree like in the holy tree level for the middle. But yeah the micro thing was indeed my intention :). For me that is one of the things I like best about mw, as so do some other players I'm sure.

Given that trees are a CPU hog, and that you can just lower your cameras altitude to see between the trunks anyway, I'm not going to go nuts over this, but I'll give it a shot...

Cyanmap3 version 2

It actually works quite well with crates; I set the trees up so that every tree would alternate which team it was on, meaning that the majority of crates drop into the forest. It's useless to try and use the forest to block visibility on incoming troops since if you just move the camera up high enough, they'll show through anything anyway, but, it's quite a good mechanism for claiming crates, so it's not a "no crates or bust" map.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:32 pm

that's a nice idea too, thanks, looks nice overall
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:47 am

If we're posting stuff to become maps...how about;

If anyone's wondering, yes, it is an adaption of a Risk board to multiwinia. It's obviously not perfect, but then, neither was the Multiwinian's rendition of Sepulveda. Think of it as the Darwinian's attempt to re-create the map of Earth on their world, before it was appropriated by the multiwinians.

Black and white is obviously height. Red dots are spawn points, green is area of forest, and blue are the connection dishes.

I like the large space of "field of unending dawn" and the island-ness of Biosphere (adopted by xocrates), but I think we need more maps like them, or a combination of the two. I don't think "The holy tree" is that great of a 4-player map, and "monument to the heavens" not only didn't show up in the instances I went online, but it seems to pit two players against one another and then move on to fighting the survivor of the other battle.

When playing biosphere I got the feeling that my MWs were one nation invading another, which gave birth to the risk idea. I don't know the upper limitation of size when it comes to Multiwinia maps though... and sometimes size can go against it since I've never completely conquered biosphere in 10 minutes.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 am

I recommend that you create a 63*63 height map image, doing so will cut out the middle man when you get TGF to make these maps. Or you could get the darwinia ed and Jelco's GGT and have a go yourself.

The only problem with the map is the large number of choke points present. It wouldnt be to hard to, for example, block N+S America from the rest of the world.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am

Needs a Russia to Alaska connection.

[size=0]Across the entire map! :P[/size]
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.

Return to “Mods and Maps”