Shape list?

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

eos
level2
level2

Shape list?

Postby eos » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:05 am

With the release of some code on the D+ website, and provided they are allowed to do so, some aspiring modders (in theory) could patch parts of MW into DW. One of the things I'd like to see, at the very least, is this shape from the D+ intro screens. This image is taken from the D+ website and shows MW:

Er.... Am I allowed to even post this image? If I suggested anything offensive, or I am doing something wrong, please contact me via PM and I'll take this down
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:12 pm

Gonna boil this down real quick;

????

Can you uh, say that all again? I'm not really sure what "Shape list?" and your 1st sentance are really asking/trying to say...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
eos
level2
level2

Postby eos » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:18 pm

you're right, I wasn't really to clear.
In the Darwinia forums, mod section, there was a list of all the shapes in Darwinia for modders. No doubt, this might become avaliable when the mod maker-you know what? Forget it. Pretend this never existed.
My other account is Steve Jobs!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:33 pm

It is very easy to find a complete list of shapes. Find main.dat, extract it, find the shapes/ directory, and look at what is there. A complete list of shapes can be found by examining the contents of that directory. Huzzah.

xander
eos
level2
level2

Postby eos » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:52 pm

A very nice idea xander, but I have a problem. I'm using a mac. As a result, I do not know where these folders are because they were not pre created. Sorry, and please don't point that flame turret at me.
My other account is Steve Jobs!
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:19 pm

No, your problem is your brain, or lack thereof. xander uses a mac as well, and his directions work for both windows and mac.

Shwart!!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:09 pm

There are several topics, both here and on the Ambrosia forums, which give directions for finding the data files. The forums search link, as well as Google, are both good resources for finding information that you might need. If all else fails, this link might be useful.

xander

Return to “Mods and Maps”