Levels on Mac?

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Xaiier
level1
level1

Levels on Mac?

Postby Xaiier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:16 am

Is it possible to have extra levels on a mac?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:21 pm

What do you even mean by that question? Can you provide an example?

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:29 pm

I'm guessing he means custom levels, which we can't yet have on the windows version either.

The answer right now is no.
The answer in the future is yes, presuming Introversion want to maintain compatibility.
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:39 pm

RabidZombie wrote:I'm guessing he means custom levels, which we can't yet have on the windows version either.

The answer right now is no.
The answer in the future is yes, presuming Introversion want to maintain compatibility.

Wait, the data/levels folder thing, where you put the text files?
Can you do that on a mac?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

I'd like to assume that it works

The only thing to do is try it and find out
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:00 pm

NeatNit wrote:I'd like to assume that it works

The only thing to do is try it and find out

i tried and nothing happened, how do i name them and where do i look in multiwinia?
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:06 pm

ohh wait i found something in application support. ill try that
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Xaiier wrote:ohh wait i found something in application support. ill try that

nothing, any help on what to look for?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:32 pm

This is help with the forum, not with your search:
There is an "Edit" Button to the top right of your posts. You can use that instead of posting 3 times in a row.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:54 pm

It is possible, but it is not really something that should be done by the faint of heart, because you really ought to know what you are doing, and it will break the auto-updating functionality (Ambrosia's updater checks the checksum of the application bundle before installing any updates---as you will be editing application bundle, this will change the checksum, which will probably cause the auto-updater to fail). That being said:
  1. In the Finder, find Multiwinia.app, right-click (or ctrl-click) on it, and select "Show Package Contents", which should be the first option.
  2. A new window should pop up. This window ought to contain a single directory called "Contents". Navigate to Contents/Resources/ .
  3. Create a new directory in Resources/ called "data/".
  4. This data directory should behave in exactly the same way that the data directory behaves when running Windows. Thus, to install any of the currently existing mods, follow the directions given by those mods, and treat your newly created data directory as though it were the data directory of the Windows version.

xander
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:07 am

xander wrote:It is possible, but it is not really something that should be done by the faint of heart, because you really ought to know what you are doing, and it will break the auto-updating functionality (Ambrosia's updater checks the checksum of the application bundle before installing any updates---as you will be editing application bundle, this will change the checksum, which will probably cause the auto-updater to fail). That being said:
  1. In the Finder, find Multiwinia.app, right-click (or ctrl-click) on it, and select "Show Package Contents", which should be the first option.
  2. A new window should pop up. This window ought to contain a single directory called "Contents". Navigate to Contents/Resources/ .
  3. Create a new directory in Resources/ called "data/".
  4. This data directory should behave in exactly the same way that the data directory behaves when running Windows. Thus, to install any of the currently existing mods, follow the directions given by those mods, and treat your newly created data directory as though it were the data directory of the Windows version.

xander

Ahh yess i have done that before(opened the package). ok that works now i can just remove it if i need an update?
And im not faint of heart :D

Return to “Mods and Maps”