Player Controlled Shamans

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Amadaus Tesla
level0

Player Controlled Shamans

Postby Amadaus Tesla » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:06 pm

I was laying in bed this morning, and an idea came to me. The basic outline for a usable Shaman. as I understand it, they don't really do anything now.

You would summon them like squads, from a crate. you would get one guy, he looks like an officer with a 2d cape and a staff. Like squads, he can move, fire lasers, and throw grenades

Unlike squads, his lasers are short range subversion rays, and his grenades have a subversion effect as well, with each affected guy having a 50% saving die roll to resist.

To make sure even this is not too overpowered, be sure his subversion rays have even shorter range then the subversion power-up. Being a single guy, he can only be hit by enemy fire once or maybe twice before he dies.

Any thoughts on this?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Well, the idea seems interesting, but to me they are more of a mythical figure in the world of Multiwinia, according to what Icepick said.

A question, are you intending this as a mod to Multiwinia, adding a new unit/powerup, or for Introversion to add it themselves? I ask because that is the difference between this Mods and Maps section or the The Future section.

For reference, there is a thread discussing powerup ideas, and a thread discussing Shamans.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 pm

It would completely suck, because it would be like one mwg that got subversion with even shorter range instead of a whole group with larger range, only grenades might be intrested but if there is a 50% resist chance I would prefer normal grenades anyway.
Wounded
level0

Postby Wounded » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 am

Nice idea though I can't agree on it. The fact that subversion gernades are in it make it extremely powerful. If it is all subversion, you have to think about the outcome of having such a unit. Imagine how player would use it. You could simply throw a grenade in a on coming army and take over and have a huge advantage and take no damage. They could take on army's alone with one grenade. So I do not believe this would work out.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:12 pm

I imagine that, like squads, it would be time limited.
Amadaus Tesla
level0

Postby Amadaus Tesla » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 pm

I did intent for such a unit to be time-limited. Mostly I just wanted to pitch an idea and see what people thought. I do agree that subversion grenades have a huge potential to shift the game to the user's favor, but to see if it would be significantly more than some of the other power-ups, it would have to be actually tried.

Return to “Mods and Maps”