The offical Intergrated script asking/tut question!

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Do you think im an idiot for asking this

Poll ended at Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:59 am

YES
40%
NO!
10%
HES THE MASTER!
5%
NO HE ISNT!
5%
i lie on polls
40%

Total votes: 20
vcordie
level1
level1
Location: [Log Modified] Connection from 128.128.128.128 Established

The offical Intergrated script asking/tut question!

Postby vcordie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:59 am

Well, its about time someoen broke the ice and asked it, because SOME of us, wanted to host some servers for the ladder, but don't know how, and can't seem to catch jelco, bert, neo, or any of the others,

So, post your tuts here!
And suggestions
And flames for me being so idiotic
AND DONT SAY GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND, I TRYED THAT!

and yes, i have the skill it takes to run a server, you want to see me in rr or dom, im becoming one of the best
BEST!
rr and dom are my domain!
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 am

It would seem bert has not released his dedicated server to the public as of yet. That means no one can help you right now.
multimania
level2
level2

Postby multimania » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 am

Short answer: You can't yet -- only beta testers can host dedicated servers at the moment, and jelco selects which servers get linked to the ladder. This isn't something anyone can do for an afternoon ;) .

EDIT: ninja'd
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 am

If and when he does, read the README, and read the sample config file. Then catch us on #multiwinia on irc.uplinkcorp.net (link for the cool clients) for all your questions which the README answers.

NeoThermic
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:25 am

Can someone please rephrase his post? I can't understand what he's saying.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:48 am

I don't see what skill in the game has to do with skill to run a server :) And what has been said is correct and has been stated in the relevant threads here several times.

Plus, all those IM links in my profile are just there as decoys. I don't really use any of them, they're all annoying. IRC is the place to really catch me.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 pm

I also didn't get any messages on any of the addresses you could possibly know of, but an open question in the forums is better anyway. :)

I'm not going to repeat what has been said before regarding Dedwinia. What I will note is that I expect a rush of people eager to register their server to the ladder the second Dedwinia is released to the public. It is at that point that I will have to select people, and however unfair it may seem, people whom I've seen around here longer have a higher chance of being selected - bluntly put, I trust people like that more. This is not to say that only veterans can have their servers registered, but being one will help your case significantly.

Another note is that in fact, linking the Dedwinia to the Ladder has almost nothing to do with Dedwinia. I am not going to release any premature details, but suffice to say you will be required to have some scripts running to transfer files to the server (Linux and Windows scripts have already been made by bert and NeoThermic respectively, if I recall correctly) and some knowledge of the workings of several systems (the transfer protocol and the used scripting engine). As multimania correctly noted, this is not something done quickly, and if one is set up it doesn't mean you don't have to pay any more attention to it after that. Be aware that it is more work than it seems. ;)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
vcordie
level1
level1

Postby vcordie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:16 pm

ahh well, hmm, host my domwinian servers and waste alot of space and time, with the very low chance of getting linked to ladder, or just play

ill think about it

I do know my way around windows, but got about half of what you said, lol

Eddit: Even though im not around alot on the forums, Im good at multiwinia

just wanted to add that
last thing im going to say
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door
Now with an extra dose of dragons!
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 pm

vcordie you're an idiot!!! See you tonight baby? haha
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Cyan. wrote:vcordie you're an idiot!!! See you tonight baby? haha

What's with the trolling?

Whether he/she is intelligent or not is irrelevant. You just show your immaturity with your slanderous comments. Are you sure you aren't speaking about yourself?
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 pm

TomCat39 wrote:...slanderous comments...

Slander occurs when a person knowingly makes a false statement about another. Thus, it is not slander if it is true, or if Cyan. believes it to be true. That being said, Cyan. is still acting childish, so the rest of the admonishment is entirely appropriate.

xander
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:10 pm

well well well just on time I was waiting on some smart comments! Anyways why comment on it it was clearly directed to vcordie and hopefully he knows what I mean. Still playing blitz xander? Why don't you enjoy all the fruits of this wonderfull game? why be so conservative??
vcordie
level1
level1

Postby vcordie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Yikes cyan, i know your my friend and all, but tone it down a bit, k? seriously.
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door

Now with an extra dose of dragons!
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:06 pm

xander wrote:
TomCat39 wrote:...slanderous comments...

Slander occurs when a person knowingly makes a false statement about another. Thus, it is not slander if it is true, or if Cyan. believes it to be true. That being said, Cyan. is still acting childish, so the rest of the admonishment is entirely appropriate.

xander

Ahh thank you for the correction. I had the wrong meaning in my head concerning the word slander. Bad habit of gleaning meanings from context only and not actually looking up definition. Done that from as far back as I remember. *seriously. no sarcasm what so ever* Once again thank you for correcting me. I really do appreciate it.

Cyan: Being you publicly humiliate your "friends".... It's a surprise anyone would want to be a friend. Seriously.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm

your right vordie sorry, tomcat who gives ashit? learn how to play I would say

Return to “Mods and Maps”