Predatorwinia

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Predatorwinia

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:53 am

Predatorwinia

May the Hungriest survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VTfQz836W4

Datalog from the Orange Darwinian Database

Code: Select all

Please enter your username:
Sepulveda001

Password:

Access to logs granted.

Which database would you like to look at now?
code.exe -t "orange"

Retrieving code...
Unencrypting sync password...
Retrieval complete. Latest log: 3562a08-0021

[i]*****BEGIN RECORDING*****
0024 HOURS 09/06/2085
Darwinian 025432-ORANGE reporting. Today, we found some rather unusual crystals while we began to excavate the areas around the Holy Tree after the battle ended. We had managed to defeat the Blues here at last, though I know we still have much more to take from them than we realize.

We analyzed the crystals back at our home military operations and found a possible cure for the infected, the plagued, and the futurized. Tests so far have shown 78.562 percent chance of successfully restoring the Darwinity back into the Darwinian, including other colored Darwinians, though they now reside locked up.

Our commanding officer believes we may be on the verge of finally gaining the true upper hand in this war. He knows that if we can harness this power fully, then we can make super-darwinians out of people like me, virtually indestructible. I question the rest of the 25 percent failure ratio, as the Virus has had its way many times with the Reds. Having managed to watch some of those "zombie horror movies" where an unknown virus sample has gone horribly wrong like the ones we battle occasionally, I often attempt to calculate what could go wrong besides a more evolved virus war, this time with our own extinction first instead of the greens and reds.

*****END RECORDING*****

-----

*****BEGIN RECORDING*****
0956 HOURS 09/07/2085

It appears the crystals are indeed of good use. We've recovered many of our lost Darwinians who were converted by the infection, sick with the plague, or even turned into the damned Futurewinian.

We took a sample of the coded crystal and ran a series of separates 1's and 0's through it, routed out of the CodeLibrary with the help of the Temple's trunkport. It was a hefty operation, and it costed nearly 30 generations of our Darwinians, just trying to sneak around the greens who still guarded those areas thoroughly. Lucky us though, we managed to suppress them before they could gain reinforcements, and now have another foothold to use. Our control systems are now much more open with armor creations. We are even beginning to develop hovercrafts that can carry nukes and be at our sides within milliseconds.

This only deepens my concerns even further. Things are going too well here.

*****END RECORDING*****

-----

*****BEGIN RECORDING*****
1259 HOURS 09/10/2085

My calculations about the errors did prove correct. After analyzing the rest of the crystal, the code erupted into many strands of not the standard infection, but what appeared to be the standardized formidity of the Futurewinians. It turned many of our men into orange rampaging monsters. They devoured our enemies alive and their souls, and reproduced more codevorous headlike monsters themselves. They slaughtered many of our enemies. However, that is not all. Because any team at any given moment may run the program Subversion, they all have happened to gain these brutal monsters. And that is not the worst of it. The monsters will generally prey on weaker Multiwinians who still stay sane, even their own colored Darwinians.

Me and a small platoon of many different colored Darwinians have agreed to a truce to keep ourselves alive and away from these monsters... We live all alone on this small island, with a partially damaged Armor on standby and a few crates, though most are afraid to open them in case they might bring something evil, like the Futurewinians, Triffids, Dark Forests, and others. Let us have faith Dr. Sepulveda can finally forgive the tribes and help us clean the mess up.

*****END RECORDING*****[/i]

-----

There are no new logs available at this time. Connection terminated.

The multiwinians are on the verge of annihilation for good. Genocide has caused the races to involve biowarfare in ways which have mutated Multiwinians into Predatorwinians, or Predarwinians/Predwinians for short.

More updates to come later, I need to get some shuteye...
Last edited by Major Cooke on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:58 am

Protip: Orange MGs aren't canon.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:07 am

Pinky wrote:Protip: Orange MGs aren't canon.

Protip: This is a mod, and no one expects them to conform to canon unless the author says so.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:10 am

Fixed the video link. Watch in high-def for more clarity on what the deranged multiwinians look like now. XP
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:27 am

Was that... Pacman?
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:27 pm

Nope! Close, but no.
Mini
level1
level1

Postby Mini » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:26 am

Nice, looks neat, also how did you make it for that shot lasers like crazy and ran super fast and stuff?

Also you forgot to put Value in credits for the sounds...
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:15 am

Mini wrote:Nice, looks neat, also how did you make it for that shot lasers like crazy and ran super fast and stuff?

I edited the stats files.

And I didn't take sounds just from Half-Life, there was a bunch of others, and I finished this video at 3:00 in the morning for a class presentation, so I didn't bother. The second preview will have them though.
Mini
level1
level1

Postby Mini » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:25 am

Major Cooke wrote:
Mini wrote:Nice, looks neat, also how did you make it for that shot lasers like crazy and ran super fast and stuff?

I edited the stats files.

And I didn't take sounds just from Half-Life, there was a bunch of others, and I finished this video at 3:00 in the morning for a class presentation, so I didn't bother. The second preview will have them though.

Oh, Im a fan of value you know so yea I was just woundering/asking you about the sound credits. Also do you know a site or some thing that teaches players on that stat things? I like making private mods :) .
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 pm

1. Get winRAR.

2. Go to your multiwinia folder.

3. Open the main.dat.

4. When it prompts you to select a program to open with, browse for winRAR.exe

5. Extract the data folder into the multiwinia directory.

6. Edit the stats, found right inside the data folder, called stats.txt.

Doesn't really help you make a mod though.

Return to “Mods and Maps”