Dedwinia

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:33 pm

svn875 is up for non-Macs. It fixes a rather embarrassing, but interesting, bug: when players left during the game, sometimes others would shuffle over to take their place. Please update :) Also new: a Quarantine setting preventing the spreading of the Master Player achievement. Good for Assault servers.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 pm

New build svn882 up for all registered betatesters and all platforms. Fixes a small inconsistency with negated IP range bans, adds Min/MaxRating so you can build newbie/elite servers, adds ForbidDirectControl which disables the direct control of MW mobs. Oh yeah, a few revisions back, RankedDefault was added, where you can set the server default for /ranked//unranked player choice. Also good for Assault servers :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Only at a high level.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:24 pm

Dunno about you, but I wouldn't want to find my self in a ranked match against moderately competent players defending on The Last Stand or attacking on Beyond The Pale.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Dunno about you, but I wouldn't want to find my self in a ranked match against moderately competent players defending on The Last Stand or attacking on Beyond The Pale.

Unless it was done Unreal Tournament style, which should be implemented.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:25 pm

I was thinking about the client and the request to show server details (time, weighted/random crates etc) and it got me to thinking about the dedicated server.

I don't know if it's already possible, but it would be nice to be able to set these server characteristics on a per game basis.

My thought is you are the first to join a dedicated, you then type in the chat window /crate random and it sets the crates to be random for that 1 game only. The next game it defaults to the server config defaults. Simply the first to join has "master" and can change the server settings for the one game.

What do you think?
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:25 am

I'm not too hot for this idea. For unranked games, if you want special settings, just host one yourself. For ranked games, consistency is somewhat important. I would not want to enter my favorite server only to notice the settings have been changed by some random guy only when the game starts, or maybe only later (such as when basic crates only is turned on). And there certainly is a huge potential for abuse of such a feature.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:I'm not too hot for this idea. For unranked games, if you want special settings, just host one yourself. For ranked games, consistency is somewhat important. I would not want to enter my favorite server only to notice the settings have been changed by some random guy only when the game starts, or maybe only later (such as when basic crates only is turned on). And there certainly is a huge potential for abuse of such a feature.

Yeah, I can see that happening. I was actually thinking of this coinciding with the server details being displayed, not prior. Without being able to see the details, you would never know what you are getting into.

And I hadn't thought of the ladder bit, consistency can be an issue to ranking games depending on how and what data is collected.

I just wanted to throw the idea into the mix. Not sure the flavor is so good though. :wink:
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
moth
level1
level1

possible bug?

Postby moth » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:55 am

When playing on dedicated servers, I find i can't move engineers or harvesters if i select them by clicking on them. The path-indicator line appears, but clicking doesn't do anything. It works fine if i select them by tabbing, or if i play on a normal server or host a game. Anyone else notice this?

moth
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:21 am

This may be the bandwith saving code being overzealous. I'll have a look at it.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 am

heh I didn't really played single player at all, so I considred this to be normal O_o!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:21 pm

A fix attempt is running on the Dedwinia Test servers (Dedwinia Test Duel, Fish Bowl, plain Dedwinia Test). Please verify that it worked, I'll then make a new build.
moth
level1
level1

Postby moth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:45 pm

haven't managed to try it myself yet, but my opponent in one game said it work for him.
moth
level1
level1

Postby moth » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:04 pm

moth wrote:haven't managed to try it myself yet, but my opponent in one game said it worked for him.

but not for me... (on dedwinia test duel, got an engineer, same behaviour as before).
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 pm

me too with ufo

Return to “Mods and Maps”