The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 am

Jelco, I've been trying to watch the replay of #22434 for some time now, and it never appears in lobby list. Could you check to see if it's something on the server side?
I've been able to join other replays, but not that one.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 am

Replays are experimental with several consequences, such as: replays end abruptly when they are finished (resulting in a "Lost connection to server" message) and sometimes this happens before the replay is finished, sync errors and inaccuracies can pop up at any time, and some replays might not work at all.
With that quoted, it sounds weird. I just tried requesting that match, and the same thing happened.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks.

NeatNit wrote:
Replays are experimental with several consequences, such as: replays end abruptly when they are finished (resulting in a "Lost connection to server" message) and sometimes this happens before the replay is finished, sync errors and inaccuracies can pop up at any time, and some replays might not work at all.
With that quoted, it sounds weird. I just tried requesting that match, and the same thing happened.

I think that message was in regard to older replays, which go out of sync pretty fast. I think they only work if you use the right version for the client.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 pm

No, it also happens on perfectly fine current version recordings. Has something to do with the client not really supporting spectators. The same recording that causes sync errors on normal playback can work fine with JoinAs.

Also, I remember watching that recording you have problems with over the Ladder interface, it worked fine for me then. Downloading and playing it back on a local dedwinia also works. So maybe something in the database got borked?
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Someone on this forum pointed him towards the wonders of proxys. Not the best of ideas. :roll:
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 pm

He may be a dick but he is smart. He would have moved on to proxies eventually.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:01 pm

He probably already was on a proxy before he got bumped into their direction.

I'm not opposed to a ban from the game servers themselves any more if he continues to be an all around dickhead. Cut him from the game and he'll soon lose interest in pestering the community.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:07 pm

It's also possible that he doesn't have a static IP and all he has to do is you-know-what-I'm-not-gonna-say-it to get a new IP and spam some more.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:11 pm

A temporary solution is to disable password resetting.

Return to “Mods and Maps”