The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:49 pm

http://multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10000
Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Rickroll... Such bullshit these days... XD

We need a crash cart in here NOW! Major Cooke is suffering from a massive lack of humour! If we don't do something now, we are going to lose him!

xander
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:02 am

FYI my server has been up and down all week. I won't be able to fix it until this weekend.
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 am

Love the new template! Great work!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks. :)

So yeah, for those who hadn't yet realized it, I've launched Sky, a new template. Enjoy! :D

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:23 am

on IE, there's one or two pixels seperating the spread of the header to the right and the header itself.

Since you seem to want this to work on IE just as well, I suggest you curse CSS a tiny bit more and fix it. :P

Edit: Also, and I'm pretty sure this isn't specifit to IE, the mountain thing in the left side of the middle part has a small part of it cut off (which is supposed to be in the left part).

...What?...

...Fine, I'm a neatpicker.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 am

I have no clue what you're talking about, it works fine on IE6, IE7 and IE8 for me. I suggest you either update your version of IE or try to find out whether the problem is related to something else. Screenshots would be helpful.

The mountain bit falling of has nothing to do with div positioning, that's part of the image and a remnant from when the sky didn't yet stretch out to the sides. We'll try to find a way to solve that.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:14 am

New outlay is nice Jelco, great job!

...oh waite I have to be an arrogant twat, hmmm.... Tho I could have done it much better :P!
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:30 pm

NeatNit wrote:Edit: Also, and I'm pretty sure this isn't specifit to IE, the mountain thing in the left side of the middle part has a small part of it cut off (which is supposed to be in the left part).

Well, that was 'half-intended'; nobody cared to move the mountain a bit to the right.
Fix'd now (and also shiny'd the mountain a bit by removing black pixels :))
Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 pm

http://www.multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10887

That's broken, isn't it? How come I'm not showing up as a win, as my opponent scarpered and left me to lose to the CPU? Or is it just the Streak count that isn't showing up? I won the next match and it's showing 'none'.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Greeba wrote:http://www.multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10887

That's broken, isn't it? How come I'm not showing up as a win, as my opponent scarpered and left me to lose to the CPU? Or is it just the Streak count that isn't showing up? I won the next match and it's showing 'none'.

People disconnecting after the game has started will not show up as CPU - this is to prevent ragequits from being rewarding. If you lost the match, you lost. Also, the streak doesn't show up after you've won (or lost) 2 or more games in a row. A single win/loss is not a streak. ;)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 pm

jelco wrote:I have no clue what you're talking about, it works fine on IE6, IE7 and IE8 for me. I suggest you either update your version of IE or try to find out whether the problem is related to something else. Screenshots would be helpful.

The mountain bit falling of has nothing to do with div positioning, that's part of the image and a remnant from when the sky didn't yet stretch out to the sides. We'll try to find a way to solve that.

Jelco
Run IE in a window and resize it slowly from the right side. Should be noticable. (apparently the maximized size on my screen does this)
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 pm

No, sorry, I still don't see any bugs nor do I actually understand what bug you're trying to point out. If you're talking about the sky stretches becoming invisible when your window isn't tall enough: this is due to IE's incompetence when it comes to CSS. The way I take care of this in other browsers isn't supported by IE (having the stretches in divs which have a higher layer priority than the panos) so I had to do it in another way which does work in IE (having the sky stretches be the page background and hence having the lowest layer priority of all). I am not going to fix this by applying a gradient to the top of the panos because that requires me to convert to PNG (alpha support) which increases the filesize significantly.

To be honest though, your window must be really small if that effect starts to show, so I'm pretty sure it's another problem you're talking about.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm

NeatNit, can you screenshot it for us?

(also, totally unrelated to your comment Jelco, but remember to 'pngcrush -brute' every PNG image you do output)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Seems that this happens mainly when the sky already ended and there's some black back-background part.
[size=0](Am I allowed to use this for non-beta-related stuff? :P)[/size]

Return to “Mods and Maps”