The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Greeba
level3
level3

Postby Greeba » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:02 pm

For some reason 'my matches' is showing games I've not been involved in? Sorry if reported elsewhere.
"Timmy... fetch me my tools..."
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Greeba wrote:For some reason 'my matches' is showing games I've not been involved in? Sorry if reported elsewhere.

Said link, for some reason, doesn't include your username on the end, hence it shows all matches. Blame Jelco!

NeoThermic
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:44 pm

Good one. Fixed.

EDIT: A very heavy script had to work so hard that it pulled the Ladder offline for almost 30 minutes. Sorry about such a long downtime folks, but tomorrow you'll get to see the feature for which this script was needed and I think you'll all happily forget about the downtime when you see it. ;)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 pm

Could my score been tempered with with all this problems?
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:51 am

I highly doubt it Cyan. If they were, Jelco would surely mention something as important as that. :D
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 am

Cyan. wrote:Could my score been tempered with with all this problems?

You're officially annoying. You bugged me about this several times already, and you should've taken it as a hint that I was ignoring you on purpose. The problem is that you want to be #1 on the Ladder and hence think that when this is not the case the problem lies with the Ladder. Quite simply the Ladder's algorithms are not wrong, but show that you don't play good enough to deserve being in first place. As for why you only shift very few points when you play fuckloads of matches compared to xander who shifted way more points with less played matches, I redirect you to the FAQ on the Ladder - the answer is right there. Other than that, it's been mentioned an awful lot in this topic as well. The fact that after having used the Ladder for so long you are still ignorant of the workings of the scoring system shows that you're an idiot.

Might I note that your score actually went down with the last 2 score recalculations? Go figure.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:59 pm

you didn't show me a link. But anyway to explain in more detail to the other players. I won like 20 matches that day, won I even won from xander number 1. Xander on the toher thand played 2 matches, one against me wich he lost and won against the last player on the ladder wich he won. Now I go up 6 points and xander goes up 15 points. Strange I am wondering how this works? I, especially afer this post, think you have did this on purpose, and I am quite sure I am beter in blitz then xander becuase the last 3 or 4 times I played him I won. So me not deserving the number one spot is a stupid comment and you have to be an idiot to say that, atleast if you say it's right that xander has that spot.

Anyway form the bottom of my hearth, go fuck yourself. I really enjoyed some people while playing here, but fucking christ are there a lot of dickheads on this forum, ignorant, silly, boring, look at me I now stuff, people! Anyways have a good life, and I hope you're not glad that I am off this forum and game :). Special thanks to Mas, Giannis or Johannis (nice fighting over there :)) Lithilk and others I forgot I sure had fun to play with you cya!

EDIT: Oh eyah Bert almost forgot you :P, but in the end I think you're quite a nice guy, anyhow I liked to play with you.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Is your penis really so small that you really feel you need to compensate by being the highest ranked player of a video game played by a relatively small number of people? Boy... I'm glad I actually have a life, and have other ways of having my... ahem... "ego" stroked.

xander
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 am

HAHAHAHAAA. Like I said somewhere else, you guys take things way too seriously. Is the Asperger's catchy around here? (THAT'S A JOKE! For the Asperger sufferers and people that have problems with jokes).

Cyan, the ladder is statistically based, not purely point based. Stats are funny things, but I think in this implementation (like many things in stats), it seems to me that time plays a big factor in sorting out all the lumps and bumps as I found out.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:07 am

Imeanunoharm wrote:HAHAHAHAAA. Like I said somewhere else, you guys take things way too seriously. Is the Asperger's catchy around here? (THAT'S A JOKE! For the Asperger sufferers and people that have problems with jokes).
Us austistics do not understand your strange human concept of humour, just your somewhat womanly concepts of indignation and BAWWWWW.

Cyan, the ladder is statistically based, not purely point based. Stats are funny things, but I think in this implementation (like many things in stats), it seems to me that time plays a big factor in sorting out all the lumps and bumps as I found out.
Rating difference mostly. You play a crap player, and you have everything to lose, and little to gain. If you beat a lower rated player, nothing's been proven.
Kaizer
level1
level1

Postby Kaizer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 am

i miss the days when games were about fun and not about a number on a website. still apart from a small percentage of players i think the ladder has cultivated a healthy competative nature in the game.

One little question though, with the servers that display your rank, do they actually count towards it? or are there some servers that display rank and but do not affect scores?
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:57 am

The Multiwinia Ladder Unranked server (or at least, it's called something like that) should display your rank but won't count towards it, there's another dedicated server that's unranked but I forget which. In general the dedicated servers do count though (unless a demo or a CPU player is playing).
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:01 am

When I say time, I mean time as in "over time the statistics start averaging (for want of a better word) and making much more sense".
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 am

Kaizer wrote:i miss the days when games were about fun and not about a number on a website. still apart from a small percentage of players i think the ladder has cultivated a healthy competative nature in the game.
I want my days of fun back. When a first minute meteor showers was lulzy and not gamebreaking bullshit. When taking over the other guy in under 2 minutes meant you killed the game for them and we could all appreciate it. When Assault sucked because Assault is balanced like a one armed tightrope walker carrying a 100lb weight. When Ants were a pain in the ass just because shitty frame rates are shitty. (Noticing the gripes lie mostly with machine performance? Screw you!) When I didn't have to see "Mas is ranked 5th" when I'm using any number of alternative pseudonyms!

*tear rolls down face*
Kaizer
level1
level1

Postby Kaizer » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:38 am

there there i hate ants too. want a hug?

Return to “Mods and Maps”