VS Futurewinian attempt

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Pinky wrote:If you need that much direction, you shouldn't bother.

You don't need to be that harsh...
moth
level1
level1

Postby moth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm

I won!

Took a few attempts, turned off all crates and retribution and set the time to 20 min - still didn't wipe them out, but had them down to 2 spawns.

I found it was vital to keep my MWs in big clumps, usually a full formation plus a lot of loose guys. With the formation static and a crowd of FWs on the limit of laser range, toggling the formation off and on again often resulted in a grenade barrage, and maybe the chance for the formation to inch forwards.

Another vital tactic was running away when faced with an unfavourable clash.

Thanks for the cool map mod.
Lelouch
level1
level1

Postby Lelouch » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Not sure whats the catch in here or what am i doing wrong, since i easily won 3 times in a row - twice with 80 secs on crates with retribution and once with 10 secs on crates and without retribution. All 3 times it took less then 5-7 mins tho i played without timer. Am i supposed to let them take few bases before attacking or something?
Lithilk
level1
level1

Postby Lithilk » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Same as Lelouch really. I'll put it on hard next. But they seemed fairly easy.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Putting it on hard might help, considering the remark about letting them take stuff.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I must have the worst luck in the world about futurewinians... God. I tried making formations in huge clumps, and they just fricken took them over because of the loose guys. Only took them a matter of seconds too.
Lelouch
level1
level1

Postby Lelouch » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Putting it on hard might help, considering the remark about letting them take stuff.

It was on hard in every game. But each time i play same thing happens - they start to move out just when they dealt with cpu but by that time i already have 6 points and they have 2. Guess im extremely lucky.
fredthedeadhead
level1
level1

Postby fredthedeadhead » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Major Cooke wrote:I must have the worst luck in the world about futurewinians... God. I tried making formations in huge clumps, and they just fricken took them over because of the loose guys. Only took them a matter of seconds too.

Putting DWs in formations takes away their best weapon over FWs: grenades.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 pm

fredthedeadhead wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:I must have the worst luck in the world about futurewinians... God. I tried making formations in huge clumps, and they just fricken took them over because of the loose guys. Only took them a matter of seconds too.

Putting DWs in formations takes away their best weapon over FWs: grenades.

Yeah but when they are loose for grenade action, they tend to have the bad habit of running in and getting converted before throwing any grenades quite often. Mine don't seem to run away soon enough when a futurewinian approaches.
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Lelouch wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Putting it on hard might help, considering the remark about letting them take stuff.

It was on hard in every game. But each time i play same thing happens - they start to move out just when they dealt with cpu but by that time i already have 6 points and they have 2. Guess im extremely lucky.

Hmm, just tried going for the the spawns real fast, and it works, especially if you don't attack the solar panels. Of course, retribution was on, and the CPU player helped. Will have to try with it off.
Lelouch
level1
level1

Postby Lelouch » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:01 pm

Who cares about solar panels, shields drop anyway so you can finish them later. It very easy even without retribution even without crates. They are just too slow.

Return to “Mods and Maps”