Map Editor plans

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 am

i lost the map editor and i cant play my already made maps ut on the bright side i know what the map the test server with the unknown map is and it is cool
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 pm

red rouge: I know that you gained access to the map editor through a bug, and that you did not sign the NDA that the rest of us did, but it would be appropriate of you to stop talking about things that are still in beta, to which you are not supposed to have access.

xander
eos
level2
level2

Postby eos » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:06 pm

xander* is right. Despite the fact that you have not signed an <NDA>, you should not talk about things which are in development. Otherwise IV may take the mystical action known as the "Lawsuit."

*w00t, finally got xanders' name right!
My other account is Steve Jobs!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 pm

eos wrote:... IV may take the mystical action known as the "Lawsuit."

Please. Let's not exaggerate. red rouge is not in violation of any contract that he has signed with IV, as he has signed no contract at all (unless you count the EULA of the game itself, which, I am relatively sure, has no clauses about the beta). However, the fact remains that the details of beta-products are something that IV would like to keep secret, and, as a fan, it seem incumbent upon red rouge to respect that desire. Of course, if IV gets really offended, I suppose that they could disable his forum account.

xander
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

what have i said about the map editor other than its cool?
or do i have to deney its existance and wait until iv releases it to play multiwinia
i own the game data have a right to talk about and play it i respect IV so i have not and will not say anything about the map editor other than saying its good. i will howethere play it and make my own maps to pass the time before its released and i can play agianst other people again sound fair?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 am

Just don't spill any secrets like the flower gun or the seven new game types OOPS! :P
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:46 am

Again, red rouge, you are free to do whatever you want, because you did not sign an NDA. The fact remains that many of us did sign an NDA protecting much of what you have posted about, and that IV may not like it that you are spreading it around. Thus, while IV probably cannot stop you from doing anything with your own copy of the game, they certainly can stop you from talking about it here.

That being said, think about what you would do if you found a wallet full of cash on the street. Would you spend that money, or would you seek to return the wallet? You could probably very easily get away with throwing the wallet out and spending the cash, but that would not be the 'right' thing to do. In this instance, you got access to something that you are not supposed to have access to, and have now stated that that you intend to continue using it. There are parallels here... Again, none of us can stop you, but you might want to keep quiet about it all the same if you are not going to do the 'right' thing...

Finally, as a technical legal note, you don't really 'own' the game. You own a license to play the game, as conveyed by the EULA.

xander
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am

ok i see your point but using the map editor isnt really hurting anyone is it unlike spending some guys money. i wont tell anyone how to get it or what its like but i will carry on using it.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:51 am

Just remember that we cant help yo uif you have any problems. For example if the game accidently decides to rewrite windows, we cannot give you the simple fix we have for it. :wink:
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:46 pm

i know but i cant seem to get rid of it so ill have to live with the map editor( yay)
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:47 pm

red rouge wrote:i lost the map editor and i cant play my already made maps

red rouge wrote:but i will carry on using it.

red rouge wrote:i know but i cant seem to get rid of it so ill have to live with the map editor( yay)

:roll:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:04 pm

then when i reverted it agian because mine dosnt auto update for some reson unless you click revert i got it back because i didnt like multiwinia 1.0.0 and it gave me the map editor back and i could once again play and make maps
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

red rouge wrote:i know but i cant seem to get rid of it

red rouge wrote:i got it back because i didnt like multiwinia 1.0.0

:roll:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 am

Is the map editor expected to come out after D+?

I find that the stock maps for Multiwinia are getting a little stale... there's only so many times I'm inclined to play the few 2v2 maps, and the only 4-player map I've seen played online is 'the Holy Tree'. I feel with the map editor released, there would be renewed interest in what is only the definitive lite RTS, giving the game a second wind. Plus, creative applications to some of the lesser-played game types might be possible if players design the maps for them.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:44 am

Yes, it is expected to come out some time after D+'s release, but remember 2 things:
1. Things can always go horribly HORRIBLY wrong
2. They have, and IV's in need of money, fast. If D+ doesn't sell enough then...

I'd rather not think about it.

Return to “Mods and Maps”