Incompatibility with CrossfireX on Windows 7 64bit?

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

DakkaDakka
level0

Incompatibility with CrossfireX on Windows 7 64bit?

Postby DakkaDakka » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get Multiwinia to work since when I start a game, be it single-player or multiplayer, the game would crash. The little Green Darwinian on the loading screen would stop mid-rotation, the sound would loop and game would then crash to desktop, since it was not responding. I'd also get the following text in a speech bubble from the Action Centre :

"Display Driver AMD Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

Specs first :

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
8 GB DDR2 Ram
Intel Q9550 Quad Core 2.83 GHz
2x Gainward ATI HD 4850 512 mb which are crossfired together. Running drivers version 10.6
Multiwinia game is the Steam Version

DxDiag and debug here (removed authkey + ip) : http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmkunmy22tgmy5

I have noted that by disabling crossfire the game works perfectly well. My question is why Darwinia worked oki with crossfire and Multiwinia isn't so keen on it. Disabling crossfireX seems more like a work-around to me, but can live with doing it.

I have looked up the forums to check regarding fixes - tried setting AI to standard and renaming the multiwinia.exe to fear.exe, but didn't work. I've also re-installed my drivers and have also re-downloaded Multiwinia via Steam. Haven't tried older drivers though.

Thought I'd post this for other people with crossfire set-ups who might have similair issues.

Have a nice day!
p1r473
level0

Postby p1r473 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:00 pm

unfortunately disabling crossfire didnt fix it for me. I also have the loading guy freeze up and the drivers stop responding

Using win7 x64 2x 6990 on xfire with latest drivers

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”