Video bug

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

fade
level0

Video bug

Postby fade » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 am

I'm not to sure whats going on. Here's what happens, I open Multiwinia, it shows the start up/loading screen, then the screen goes to a very dark purple (I think, I just looks like it goes brighter), then nothing happens, it just dies and i have to close it.

and I read the bug post and I'm supposed to post my DxDiag.txt file so here it is. If you need anything else let me know

The download link - http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... DxDiag.rar

or request your own link - http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... DxDiag.rar
precog29
level0

Postby precog29 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 am

I have the same problem.

It shows the dark purple screen with a little white box similar to the steam overlay crap in the bottom right.
That occurs even if the overlay is turned off.

If you wait, it changes to a black screen, then it starts looping the first audible menu sound,

Then it goes onto a new looped sound with sound effect of the mouse over a selection.

After a good 40 seconds, the screen will change to a dark screen of the main menu, as if its fading in but being choppy video and audio,

then it becomes full, and the mouse is able to move, but video is choppy in the sense of frozen for 6 seconds at a time.

I am using the RC of windows 7 x64 and have a GTX 260, quad core intel, and 8gb of ddr2 g.skill ram.

I need to get this fixed or figure out the cause of the problem in order to fix it myself.
precog29
level0

Postby precog29 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am

alright also, I found that the sound is using "dsound" or direct sound and in the options I have no other choices.

I had a Realtek Audio driver Bluse screen on xp using some of their latest drivers instead of the ones from the motherboard disc.

I think there might be an issue here since Windows 7 is not using the drivers from 2007.

In warcraft 3 the game can sometimes crash because of the different sound settings.

Since multiwinia is not detecting my sound device it might be causing stuttering in audio and is effecting video as well.

I sat there and clicked many times to get a game to launch, and while it was loading with the darwinia in the bottom right,

the darwinia rotating was smooth, just like on the introversion load screen, but the program crashed and multiwinia gathered info and submitted it to introversion.

Please try and help if you can, thank you.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:39 am

Sounds kinda like you have the too common menu lag. Try to make it through to a singleplayer game - does it still lag like shit?
precog29
level0

Postby precog29 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:31 pm

the game crashes, just like i mentioned in the last sentence of the post previous yours.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:53 pm

Right sorry, my bad..

I can't think of much else. Update drivers?
precog29
level0

Postby precog29 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Thats the thing. i am very confident that its on the introversion end whereas its not compatible with either windows 7. windows 7 x64, and or windows 7 x64 and a 200 geforce card.

I'm going to test it on an xp boot to see if it runs well with the card, to help narrow stuff.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Since nobody said it yet in this thread, I'll do it: Windows 7 is still beta and you can't expect everything to work on it. My bet would be that the GPU driver you installed doesn't properly support OpenGL. Make sure you install the version distributed by NVidia, not those by Microsoft.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”