Mac: Multiwinia Crashing in Multiplayer Games

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

JacaByte
level0

Mac: Multiwinia Crashing in Multiplayer Games

Postby JacaByte » Tue May 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi, I'm new here, but some of the people around here know who I am already. I usually hang around on the Ambrosia Software forums.

I've crossed posted this post from the Multiwinia section of the Ambrosia boards to here because 1) nobody has ever seen this before and 2) I'm the only one who can ever reproduce it. If you guys have any ideas on what's going on here, that would be greatly appreciated, you can find the original topic here.

So recently, I've been having issues where certain multiplayer servers cause my Multiwinia client to crash after it's done handshaking with the server. Other people can join the servers, usually without a fuss, but for me the game will crash to the desktop after it's done handshaking and give me no error message as to why it happened. The frustrating part is it's 100% reproducible (as long as I've found a server that causes it; it always happens to one specific server) and nobody else seems to be having the same issue.

The most recent problem had to deal with the client crashing in the middle of a game. The reason is inexplicable, but I did get a crash log, readable [url="http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/261507/Multiwinia%20Crash%20Log%205-19-09.txt"]here[/url].

Before this happened, I experienced a [url="http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/261507/syncerror-2009-05-17--16-54-00-client8-team1.txt"]sync error[/url] twice in the same game. The fault occurred with two separate players each time, and they both quit when it happened both times, allowing us to finish the game. It was the Holy Tree map on on one of NeoThermic's dedicated CoTH servers.

So, is it the game, or am I cursed?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 pm

Well, I can't read your older topic (only part of the internet I can access is this forum-set), but I would recommend that you re-DL the game, make sure it's all patched, and try it again.

Shwart!!
NeatNit
level5
level5

Re: Mac: Multiwinia Crashing in Multiplayer Games

Postby NeatNit » Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 am

There are no more posts in the thread, just this. Allow me to fix the links :)
So recently, I've been having issues where certain multiplayer servers cause my Multiwinia client to crash after it's done handshaking with the server. Other people can join the servers, usually without a fuss, but for me the game will crash to the desktop after it's done handshaking and give me no error message as to why it happened. The frustrating part is it's 100% reproducible (as long as I've found a server that causes it; it always happens to one specific server) and nobody else seems to be having the same issue.

The most recent problem had to deal with t0he client crashing in the middle of a game. The reason is inexplicable, but I did get a crash log, readable here.

Before this happened, I experienced a sync error twice in the same game. The fault occurred with two separate players each time, and they both quit when it happened both times, allowing us to finish the game. It was the Holy Tree map on on one of NeoThermic's dedicated CoTH servers.

So, is it the game, or am I cursed?
JacaByte
level0

Postby JacaByte » Wed May 27, 2009 4:06 pm

There is now one more post in that thread from Evan Smith, Ambrosia's tech support guy. Apparently other users are having the same issues and they don't know what the trouble is either. Good, I'm not going insane. :)

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”