1.9?

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Phetal
level0

1.9?

Postby Phetal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 pm

I was playing with a friend, I had the Steam version, and he had the non-steam demo. He was prompted for an update (that took a LONG time to download) and then launched the game. He was unable to join my game, however, and when I checked his version number, it read 1.9.38 (not sure about the last two... but it was something like that), and he also had an option for a Map Editor (though it was faded gray).

Confused, we hit the revert option on the splash screen, and nothing seemed to happen. So, he re-downloaded the demo and he was at 1.2.1.

so, what is this 1.9.xx? I know a map editor is coming... but how did my friend access this patch?

In an unrelated question... He was unable to join the game I started, saying my version (the steam version) was incompatible with the non-steam demo. We were both at 1.2.1, and I thought the latest patch fixed these issues. Can steam users play with non-steam users? I had to download the non-steam demo to play with him, and thus we were unable to use all the maps.

Anyway, just asking these questions... hopefully a map editor is on the verge of release, because since finding this game, I have wanted to do nothing more than make my own maps.

Stellar product, Introversion... I'm really impressed. I'll suggest this to people for sure, but I know many people who will not want to buy through steam, and the compatibility issues I pointed to should first be resolved.

Thanks,

- Lex
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 pm

1.9.xx is the beta test version. Somehow he has downloaded it instead of the latest patch. This has happened before, and is not really worth worrying about. As for the map editor, be patient, IV is working on it as mentioned here.
Phetal
level0

Postby Phetal » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:12 am

elexis wrote:1.9.xx is the beta test version. Somehow he has downloaded it instead of the latest patch. This has happened before, and is not really worth worrying about. As for the map editor, be patient, IV is working on it as mentioned here.

thanks for the explanation!

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”