game freeze leading to system crash with blue screen

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

steirer1
level0

game freeze leading to system crash with blue screen

Postby steirer1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:44 am

hi,

i often get system crashes playing multiwinia. they happen in single and multiplayer games. the game freezes and about 3-5 seconds later the system crashes with a bluescreen. i already tried to change some display/graphic settings of the game and playing in windowed mode - without success.

information about my system can be found here

thanx for your help
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:51 am

it would help (frenchfrog) if you gave the errorlog.txt, crash.dmp file, and debug.txt. Go to start-programs-multiwinia- open multiwinia profile. Giving the preferences.txt file couldn't hurt either.

make sure to edit your serial key from the debug.txt (it appears 3 times).

Also make sure you update your video/sound drivers. Not sure if your onboard dell video card meets the requirements though.
steirer1
level0

Postby steirer1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:21 am

thank you for your fast answer

you can find the additional files here

chipset drivers have been updated about 1 month ago.

i will test some more different game graphic settings and check for driver updates...
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 am

No problem. Those files will help frenchfrog a lot, he might be a little slower to respond than I am, but he should get this.
steirer1
level0

Postby steirer1 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 pm

it could be, that the problem occurs only when using different graphic settings within the game then in windows. playing with the same settings works fine, but means a loss of performance.

probably a driver problem but i am already using the latest version.

what i will try next is to reduce the "windows graphic settings" and use exactly those also for the game to achieve more performance, maybe a solution...
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm

I would assume that it's your driver's fault, what kind of onboard video card do you have? If it's one of those intel gma blahblah whatever cards then I'd say you are doomed, as it were.

But if it has some kind of Nvidia/ATI onboard I would be more optimistic, if I were you.

and by windows graphics settings you mean video hardware acceleration? I'm not sure you should touch that-if that's the case. You could try lowering the sound acceleration just for the hell of it. Frenchfrog would more or less help you on all the technical mumbo jumbo. So take my advise with a grain of pepper...

I'd play my bet on driver problems though..

(i hate salt)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:45 pm

That does sound suspiciously like a driver problem.

Try this: DRIVERS
steirer1
level0

Postby steirer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:23 pm

yes it is one of the intel gma blahblah...

i did not check directly at intel for new drivers, only at dell. they seem to have a delay in providing the latest drivers to their customers.

with the latest drivers the PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

thanks for the driver link and your time.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”