Hotkeying mw groups!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Jordy...
level5
level5

Hotkeying mw groups!

Postby Jordy... » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

To micromanagent, now selecting a group to sent somewhere cause of a grenades i hardly worthwile the trouble and time, but with hotkeys there could be even better micromanagent fights, wich is where this game is about in the first 3 modes anyway.
I think it would make a huge difference in avoiding grenades, and thus less random battles and more gameplay!
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 am

I couldn't agree more!! This would be an excellent addition to Multiwinia! Only thing is...how would this work in D+?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 am

That's irrelevant as long as nobody from IV shouts out 'hey, guess what? contrary to all sensible expectations, D+ supports cross platform play with MW!".

That said, I don't really see how hotkeys can work. Take defining groups of MWs, for example. There is a specific reason the pikmin style sweep selection hasn't been implemented (apart from the usual ones): when you select a group of MWs, the pathfinding is done for the whole group as one entity; presumably, it would be too costy to do for each individual MW, plus you'd get the problem that different bits of the group would take different paths, possibly dooming half of the group. That method, while fine for groups bundled closely together, doesn't work so well if the group has spread out. And that's what a stored group you select with a hotkey would have done by the time you recall it to give it orders.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:25 pm

Ya, I hadn't thought about that. I guess you're right. Doesn't matter though, I can still play just fine without hotkeys!!

Return to “The Future”