Base Building in Multiwinia

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Should there be a Bunker mode in Multiwinia?

Yes
29%
No, but...
71%

Total votes: 14
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:10 am

Well I just have to say: 1, I was talking to jordy that that wasnt wat I exactly meant, and 2, who said we were in conflict?
I was simply stating it's probably not going to happen... oh well, most people tend to think I'm talking to one person, when really it's another :roll:
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 pm

What you're saying is not true elexis, I bet most time played on multiwinia is by people that like the hardcore part of the game, also IV never intended to even throw in a bit of hardcore gaming into this game, it just happens to turn out like that.
But the hardcore part is by far better then the casual part. Why? Because there are a lot more casual games that are better then MW, but no hardcore rts is better then MW.

So I say, MW2!!!
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Because there are a lot more casual games that are better then MW,

But how many of those casual games are in the real-time strategy category?

but no hardcore rts is better then MW.

Then why degrade it by adding in 'hardcore' stuff?
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Jordy... wrote:cooke you just suck, don't post again, last warning before eternal ignoring.

So what if I'm not good at some games? You can do this:

Cyan, dear chap, please die in a fire.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 am

To implement a base building aspect and even more annoying, a resource gathering concept (with the exception of Rocket Riot) would completely ruin one of the greatest aspects about Multiwinia, which is simplicity, yet still strategic.

The only thing that I can see coming from this as being a good thing is maybe adding a bunker as a power up that basically functions like a stationary armor, it provides protection from lasers and grenades, and allows MW's inside to shoot back and throw a grenade here and there (or rocket if you have Rocketwinians). And maybe it can hold up to 30-40 MW's and if the bunker is destroyed, maybe kill off a few MW's inside, but most will survive.

Otherwise, base building and resource gathering in Multiwinia is a big NO-NO.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

deamons, with all respect, you know shit.

Lot of you guys are talking about simplicity, let me tell you this, there a tons of things to do in MW, and there is never a moment in wich you have nothing to do, so is it simple? NO!
Adding some more diverse stuff however would make it more intresting because you have more choices in what you want to do.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:38 pm

Jordy, it's called gun turrets and rocket turrets. Go open more crates and settle them around your spawn points... Then you'll have a nice part-base. Just make sure you can shoot down airstrikes and that the turrets are spread out, or you'll lose them and your spawn points.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 am

Jordy... wrote:deamons, with all respect, you know shit.

Lot of you guys are talking about simplicity, let me tell you this, there a tons of things to do in MW, and there is never a moment in wich you have nothing to do, so is it simple? NO!
Adding some more diverse stuff however would make it more intresting because you have more choices in what you want to do.

Not to sound like a jerk, but apparently I fail to understand what your definition of "simple" is, because what I meant by "simple" is not having to gather resources, and building structures and 50 different types of units, and making sure your base is adequately defended, all while making sure you don't run out of resources. Oh yeah, then you can rest a little easier and finally get to the strategy part. In other words, Multiwinia is "simple" when compared to games like Starcraft, Warcraft, or Age of Empires. Now, I'm all for adding more diverse options in the form of power-ups, new officer options, game settings, game modes, new maps, a map editor, etc.

Having said that, I suppose base building could come in the form of capturing a resource point like a fuel depot in order to construct walls, bunkers, etc. My main concern is that I don't want it to become complex like just about every other strategy game out there. One thing I could maybe see is adding a game mode which plays out similar to a typical RTS, but not adding it to the entire game.

More options is GOOD. More complexity is BAD.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:04 am

Yes, we're not Command and Conquer, or like Garry's Mod with the life support, resource distribution, or tiberium harvesting etc etc.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:08 am

I remember like a year ago, I had never even heard of Introversion. My friend showed me one of the preview vids for Multiwinia. Then I read a little about it and how it was simple yet strategic, and I was overjoyed that I finally had found a strategy game that I could actually enjoy, and get good at, and still be required to make careful strategic decisions in order to win. :D

Return to “The Future”