Is there a future at all?

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Mastix wrote:Also shocking that a free mods like PVK2, Project Reality and many other mods that are released free of charge, by developers that have a work, and sometimes even a family, and get not even a penny for their work, have patches released over years, with Tons of new content, maps, modes, total gameplay overhauls, EVERYTHING.
Don't try to justify lack of support to what you pay, indie or not.

You will also notice that those mod teams are several times larger than IV (c'mon, seriously), and I would be surprised if most of them were busy with more than one of those projects.

IV does a pretty solid job at supporting their games. Your demands however, are borderline unrealistic.
Mastix
level1
level1

Postby Mastix » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Mutlwinia is not mappable, not modable, didn't get a single map, gamemode, or crate!
Damn even the basic Strategy stuff like Teamchat don't exist.
And stop saying there is no time, it was released almost an year ago.
Damn if you release a half-ready game, atleast give the community tools to make it better, even the most low-life companies do it.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm

I like you mastix!!! I completely agree with you.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 pm

You guys remind me why I hate being a member of the gamer crowd.
Mastix
level1
level1

Postby Mastix » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Xocrates wrote:You guys remind me why I hate being a member of the gamer crowd.

You remind me why I hate fanboys.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:36 pm

I prefer being hated for liking something, than for being a spoiled brat with unreasonable demands.
Mastix
level1
level1

Postby Mastix » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Xocrates wrote:I prefer being hated for liking something, than for being a spoiled brat with unreasonable demands.

Yea, asking for support for something you pay for is so unreasonable, I hope you atleast know your'e a fanboy, cause you brainlessly defend IV for some weird unknown reason, you did pay for those games too (I guess).
Edit: You know what, maybe I did expect too much, new content? only a bit of the AAA companies do patches with content, and not ALL of the indie devs add cotent to their game *EHEM* EVEN IF IT COST MONEY *EHEM*,
and you would expect indie devs to be more "humaine" and understand the heart of gamers, but maybe IV are just different from the other indie devs, and they have a formula to create a game and leave it for the new one they develop.
But atleast the basic functions of an Online - Strategy game, Map edior? COMEON! Some modding tools? YEA VERY UNREASONABLE, Team chat? VERY HARD!
I don't know Mr. Xocrates, did IV hire you as some sort of an IV Crusader?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:51 pm

What more support do you even want? Since release they patched bugs, fixed several unbalances, added several missing features (the only big one missing being the map editor which is on standby) all that for a game that nearly caused them to shut down.

Right now I could pick up any random 10 games of my collection, from bigger companies I might add, including ones I'm a fan of (which also includes many indie companies), and in all likelihood most did not have half the support Multiwinia did.

Also, the game has some basic modding ability. Dedwinia and several basic maps and mods show that (yes, you can make new maps without the map editor).

So, really, what more do you want? Milk and cookies?
Last edited by Xocrates on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 pm

You just don't understand.

Multiwinia sold very very badly. IV did not get the money they expected. They now have to complete D+ as fast as possible or they won't be able to stay alive.

They have to work full time on it in order to release it in time to have a chance at surviving, and if the hopes come true, they will then continue working on Subversion and Multiwinia and all that.

As for Uplink, I really don't see what another patch could do. Tbh I didn't finish 10% of the game, but I don't think it has too many bugs or missing features. A patch would have... what? It's already moddable, they sell the source code (dev cd), what else do you want?!
Mastix
level1
level1

Postby Mastix » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 pm

NeatNit wrote:You just don't understand.

Multiwinia sold very very badly. IV did not get the money they expected. They now have to complete D+ as fast as possible or they won't be able to stay alive.

They have to work full time on it in order to release it in time to have a chance at surviving, and if the hopes come true, they will then continue working on Subversion and Multiwinia and all that.

As for Uplink, I really don't see what another patch could do. Tbh I didn't finish 10% of the game, but I don't think it has too many bugs or missing features. A patch would have... what? It's already moddable, they sell the source code (dev cd), what else do you want?!

Excuse me for wanting a support for a game that I bought, and has released not long ago, I'm such a cruel man that is attacking a defenseless independent company.
Jeez, IV did manage to make you pitty them until you defend them to death.
ואני חשבתי שישראלים לא פראיירים...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 pm

ThANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME,
Mastix is right because Iv never fixed the biggest game flaw! Wich is ofcourse IMbalanced maps!!!! So yeah, really they gave us a fucked up game and let us in the cold waiting for a map editor.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Mastix wrote:Excuse me for wanting a support for a game that I bought, and has released not long ago,

Am I the only person who, when buying a working game (any game), sees any future support as a bonus as opposed to a right?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Well, what do you know, it's either a fellow Israeli or a guy using a translator!

For some reason I think the latter is true.. :P

Anyway, I never attacked you so why did you just attack me?

Edit: double ninja'd ><
Mastix
level1
level1

Postby Mastix » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Xocrates wrote:
Mastix wrote:Excuse me for wanting a support for a game that I bought, and has released not long ago,

Am I the only person who, when buying a working game (any game), sees any future support as a bonus as opposed to a right?

Nah... there are enough people that don't care about the money they throw.
I am not one of those.
And i'm from Israel too.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Mastix wrote:
Xocrates wrote:

Nah... there are enough people that don't care about the money they throw.
I am not one of those.
THIS IS WHAT YOU BOUGHT. If you bought it and you don't like it, that's YOUR problem.
If you want more stuff, then don't buy it until those stuff are released and just SHUT UP!!!

Return to “The Future”