Turret idea 2

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

Turret idea 2

Postby GreenRock » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm

yes, another idea popped into my head. A simple mortar mechanic. It shoots "stream flares" (thats the best way to describe them) in groups of four or five. They travel in a parabolic path, and end up spreading out as they draw nearer to their target. As each one hits the ground, they create a small explosion.
Last edited by GreenRock on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:53 pm

I suggest we add fairies and ponies. Now that's a great idea. As for what they do in the game, I pass that on to the next poster.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

I want invisible pink unicorns! And a garage dragon!

xander
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:30 pm

the MWG would ride the unicorns around and shoot lasers at people and the dragon would be like a flying flame turet with longer range
Last edited by red rouge on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Invisible pink unicorns were already added in version 1.2.0, duh.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Invisible pink unicorns were already added in version 1.2.0, duh.

Then why haven't I seen any of them?

xander
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 am

You only see them when you are not looking for them.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

Postby Patrolman Smith » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:14 am

hah, my wininas use the unicorns to get to locations faster and to flank the enemy who still use normal horses
Patrolman Smith
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 am

you guys.......... you don't give a shit about this game, so let the real players think of stuff without derail it instantly.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Now, did we prevent anyone from posting on topic? I don't think so. But seriously, what could another turret type possibly add to the game? We already have long range fast fire with limited damage and without friendly fire, long range slow fire with splash damage and friendly fire and short range fast fire with splash and friendly fire. So yeah, there's 13 more combinations of these properties, but half of them are over or underpowered, and all of the rest of them can be overrun with the same basic strategy: attack simultaneously from as many sides as you can (or airstrike, or carbomb). Show me a turret that requires a different strategy from the enemy and I may find it interesting. Like, one that is weak against formations. One that is weak against a single guy sneaking up on it. One that explodes after turning around its axis for more than 720 degrees, so you beat it by driving your armour around it a couple of times. One that sinks into the ground when inactive, so it's immune against airstrikes during that time.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Show me a turret that requires a different strategy from the enemy and I may find it interesting. Like, one that is weak against formations.

Well, what about one that fires grenades, but deliberately fires them too far, so that routing hoards of MW's bear the brunt?

There is one other turret that should be in the game, and anyone who is bounded by NDA tape should be aware of it.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

elexis wrote:Well, what about one that fires grenades, but deliberately fires them too far, so that routing hoards of MW's bear the brunt?
For example. Though simply rushing with a normal group would work there, too. How about one that flings the grenades not far enough? Rush in and you run right into them, but inch forward slowly, and you make it.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Or just fire's grenades sporadically? This would make hoards useless because of their flight or flight ( :P ) AI. A formation would be able to get through because they would never break.
This still suffers the problem of being weak to carbombs (and itself). Personally I think this will only ever be solved is the Armor explosion is modified to only damage any contained DG's.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:07 pm

My idea, old idea could work a artillery turret, one that has super-long range for grenades. Carbomb would suck, but that's just for blitz, and there it wouldn't work anyway. So if you make it resistant against 3 carbombs, or 1 carbomb and the grenades needed to make that car explode, then you would have a fun turret, that is easily conqeured.

So now you need to control the whole area in wich the turret stands.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:05 am

thanks for opening my eyes, bert. I was thinking of only different types of ammo a turret can hold. Now with the idea of creating new strategies, turrets have a lot of options now, in my mind. Ill get back to you on all my ideas...

Return to “The Future”