Solving the Power-up cons

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

Solving the Power-up cons

Postby GreenRock » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:08 pm

After reading some multiwinia reviews, they all had the same comment to make: Crates and power-ups threw the game off. Even though the power ups may give the players some destructful eye-candy, i DO have to agree they subtract from the strategy. My solution would be that multiwinians have to be around to throw flares for airstrikes, or do a religous dance or something to call upon a meteor shower, then to run like hell. Shields, armours, and all the other power ups that involve the placement around team oriented objects, be it spawns or multiwinians, are fine in my opinion. The other ones that can be planted anywhere should be modified to actually be made by your team. For example, a napalm or airstrike should be called upon by a flare thrown by a multiwinian. Each multiwinian would have its own diameter around them (an invisible one of course, unless theres a certain view you can switch to to see all the diameters, like in DEFCON). Maybe add more strategy to this mechanic, where a new type of promoted officers have larger diameters with circles on their flags.These would exist for the sole purpose of ordering airstrikes and such and can be destroyed like any other officer. Dont know. Need ideas, feedback, and similar solutions to the power up problem.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:06 am

Multiwinia is not supposed to be a deep strategic game. It is meant to be light and fun, and to appeal to a more mainstream/casual market (at least, that is the impression that I have gotten from various interviews and blog posts from IV folk. As such, the imbalance that can be caused by crates is not that big a deal---you may lose one game, but you might win the next. That being said, I tend to play basic crates only, or no crates at all.

xander
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:27 pm

xander wrote:Multiwinia is not supposed to be a deep strategic game. It is meant to be light and fun, and to appeal to a more mainstream/casual market (at least, that is the impression that I have gotten from various interviews and blog posts from IV folk. As such, the imbalance that can be caused by crates is not that big a deal---you may lose one game, but you might win the next. That being said, I tend to play basic crates only, or no crates at all.

xander

QFT. Except for when I play with futurewinians, I just go all out against them with slightly filtered results. Nothing is more hilarious than watching futurewinians open infection crates in an area that's loaded down with souls. Virus heaven, please ease my way.

Return to “The Future”