New turret

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

New turret

Postby GreenRock » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 pm

I dont know why but it seems that all i get for my ideas is negative criticizm (words were never my friends, i cant spell) so im not expecting anything different from this one. okay here goes. MY IDEA is to have a sniper turret. It would have a nice long barrel, with this big scope on it. I would want it to have no A.I. control. When you use it manually, You get this nice zoomed in cross hair view (of course), and you now possess the ability to shoot sticky grenades, or whatever the heck you want it to shoot (post ammo ideas too). They would have a medium explosion diameter, the sticky grenades, and the turret would have a reloading meter that would be loacted somewhere on-screen (to prevent an onslaught of grenade blasts from an opponent you cant reach). Any other cool turret ideas?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 pm

I didn't notice any spelling errors.. :P

Your idea started good, but you took it in a very very bad direction.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:09 pm

NeatNit wrote:I didn't notice any spelling errors.. :P

Your idea started good, but you took it in a very very bad direction.

Well then where should have the explaining stopped? What would you do with the idea?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, a sniper turret could work in the game. Sticky bombs, however, are the stupidest thing you could do with it.
Maybe it would fire a high-damage super-fast bullet but with a 0.7 second (or so) reload. AI contol is not something you can just take away, keep in mind the player has some managing to do and doesn't have time to control a turret manually.

Having a scope would probably make it look very stupid, but it should have some sort of indentification it's a sniper. Not something too long or bold though.

And let's not forget that even if you have the perfect idea for Multiwinia, which would be balanced, awesome, and everyone on the forum and off it would agree it fits -- Multiwinia is pretty much on hold, if not abandoned, and there will almost definitely be no update until Darwinia+ is out.

Edit: oh yeah, and no need of that stupid zoom in, trust me I can see it now and it's just plain annoying.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:27 am

Plus, just holding down Mouse3 (the scroll wheel) works just fine for zooming in.

Shwart!!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Shwart!! wrote:Plus, just holding down Mouse3 (the scroll wheel) works just fine for zooming in.

Shwart!!

Or [Z].

xander
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 am

is a good idea but wouldnt it be to slow to kill charging multiwinians and the mountains would make it hard to snipe so i agree with green rock that it should shoot a grenade mabey it could be an artilery tower with long range but hard to aim
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Keep in mind that it being a sniper, it would have a large range of fire, and (at least when controlled by the computer) will almost never miss.
GreenRock
level4
level4

AI

Postby GreenRock » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:57 pm

NeatNit wrote:Keep in mind that it being a sniper, it would have a large range of fire, and (at least when controlled by the computer) will almost never miss.

Thats the exact reason I dont want it to have A.I.
Sniping each multiwinian is also kindof bothersome and tedious.
Snipers are meant to be LONG RANGE turrets. They will not be good for repelling an invasion due to their reload time.
They can be placed on mountains for a better view of the battlefield
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:02 pm

NeatNit wrote:Keep in mind that it being a sniper, it would have a large range of fire, and (at least when controlled by the computer) will almost never miss.

What makes you say it will never miss? DGs already miss quite a bit with other turrets (or, perhaps more accurately, target enemies that they probably shouldn't be targeting, or causing massive amounts of friendly fire). There is no reason that IV couldn't make such a weapon inaccurate. That being said, I don't really see the point of a sniper rifle turret. There is little point in sniping DGs off one at a time, but any kind of explosive launched from a great distance is likely to be overly powerful.

xander
red rouge
level1
level1

Postby red rouge » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:12 pm

ok i know this idea seams overly powerfull and will never get implemented but hear me out a flare turet it shoots napalm and air strike flares over a large distance every ( 10 secs relode after each 4 shot volley should make it fair enough) so it would be a key emplacment to defend and maby some maps could start with one in the middle so there would be heated battles over stoping the opponent geting the turet and bombarding them with bombs
would shoot like a normal turret exept the flares would be afected by gravity so it would be harder to aim
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 am

The problem with that is that the basic turret AI automatically attacks the nearest enemy first, so it wouldn't be able to reach it's full potential unless it was on a map like the Dom map with all the jump pads and Islands (sorry, i forget its name and I haven't reinstalled Mwinia yet). And even then it would be overpowered.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:02 am

How about, instead of thinking of it as a sniper turret, how about just make it like a single shot carbine-style turret. So you have to click it each time you want to fire, just like the rocket turret. The thing that would set it apart from the other turrets is it would have a much longer range. The reason it isn't exactly a "sniper" turret is because the rounds being fired would be large enough to take out several MW's in a single shot, like how the gun turret rounds can hit multiple targets in a straight line. Also, there wouldn't be an explosion as this would make it overpowered.
blaster339
level1
level1

Postby blaster339 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 am

Bad idea
Killing 1 multiwinian at a time?8)
How about a sniper multiwinian XD :D
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Do you have anything useful to add at all?

Return to “The Future”