Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Jomskylark
level1
level1

A couple of suggestions

Postby Jomskylark » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:32 pm

// Don't know if some of these have been posted yet, sorry if it has! //

Teams

I've been taking a look at the tutorial videos from Ambrosia. At the end of each tutorial video, there are clips of the game types in action. Mass chaos and epic music makes me think of some MMO game in which you're working closely with a parter to achieve victory. What I'm trying to say, is that Multiwinia may not have been made for teams, but it seems like it could be so much better with teams.

Partners would do the trick. 2 green on 2 red, 2 green on 2 red on 2 blue, 2 green on 2 red on 2 blue on 2 yellow. Obviously you would only see one green team or one yellow team or whatever. However, you would see your partner making those blue circle thingies, placing turrets, etc. It seems like these simple additions could make the game so much more fun. Oh yeah, and a load of mac users are receiving Multiwinia from MacHeist (me included). They're beginners, so partners would make a match more fair.

Spectators

When the game is full, anybody who joins may still spectate. They can fly around in the same out of body view that the players are viewing it, but can't actually command units or place turrets or whatever. It seems like this could make for recording videos, watching and hosting tournaments easier, etc.

Thank you!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Those are good ideas. Which is why they're already implemented :) Well, team mode is. The bit where you're seeing what your partner is doing doesn't happen, though. Spectator mode works somewhat on dedicated servers (it's just that the clients don't fully support it and need to be kicked for causing sync errors). There was supposed to be full spectator support, but I guess the programmer responsible for it (Byron) has been given too many other tasks.
Jomskylark
level1
level1

Postby Jomskylark » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 am

Oh, haha, sorry. So how does team mode work?

Thanks!
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:51 am

When you host a game, or on single player, pick a 4 player map, go to advanced options, and select co-op play.
Edit: On Dom, KOTH and CTS modes only.
Jomskylark
level1
level1

Postby Jomskylark » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Cool. And how does spectator mode work?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:03 pm

That's a bit more involved, and as I said, it doesn't truly work. On those servers with experimental support for it enabled, you need to join before the game starts and say '/leave'.
Jomskylark
level1
level1

Postby Jomskylark » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Okay. Thank you!

Return to “The Future”