G15 support ideas

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

NeatNit
level5
level5

G15 support ideas

Postby NeatNit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 pm

I have a G15. Multiwinia uses its screen. Awesome.

Currently, all it has is a spinning Multiwinian on the left side and a show of the last message on the middle+right side. This is, well, useless. Yes, it has reminded me of something once or twice, but it is in no way something to help me win.

Yes, I know that if it does help me win then it's an unfair advantage vs. someone who doesn't have a G15, so here are some features that I think will be cool, but not give a real advantage but just a little extra information:

• Kill count. Currently, the only way to know how many enemy Multiwinians you have killed is by the "1000 kills" "2000 kills" "3000 kills" etc. shown when those are reached. For most people it is shown for like half a second in the middle of the screen, and for people like me it is shown on the G15 until overridden (?) by a new message (example: XXX has opened a crate).
  • Multiwinian count: a simple count of how many you have. Nothing fancy. Perhaps even have the buttons show other players' Multiwinian counts (at least your partners in coop if it seems unfair).
That's all for now, I will edit more in once I come up with them (or remember them).

Edit: Oh yeah, a small glitch that for some reason was never fixed when I posted it in the beta: the bottom line of longer messages (I think xxxxxx has been eliminated can reach it), the third line, is mostly invisible - the only thing visible is the very top of the letters, like t and d. Will try to get a picture but am not promising I will succeed. And no, my screen is not defective.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Double post to make sure no-one misses this.

Apparently, there was a hidden emulator in the LCD manager all along! ><

I managed to get pictures of the bug:
It's pretty simple, the pixels under that line just don't show. I assume there's a reason for this - perhaps it was meant for something else but that was dropped?

Well anyway, this has some potential. I would like to see that potential used.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 pm

So nobody cares, huh? According to what I've seen around here, like half the usuals have G15, be it the old one or the new. I can't be the only one that wants this.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm

NeatNit wrote: According to what I've seen around here, like half the usuals have G15, be it the old one or the new.

They do?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Yup.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm not sure no one cares, it may be that Introversion just haven't seen this.

Also, remember, they have other important things to do. This may be quite low on their priorities list.
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 am

Hmmm... Interesting...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:46 am

Bloody Shame wrote:Hmmm... Interesting...

xander

Return to “The Future”