level3

there should come a surrender option

Postby Cyan. » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 pm

to repeat myself: there should come a surrender option
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Why? Games are generally pretty short, and if you have already lost you can either hang out until the game is over a few seconds later, or politely exit the game (i.e. let others know that you have lost, thank them for a good game, then leave). In a multiplayer game, you have retribution that you can play with. In a two player game, once you lose, the game is over. I don't see what good a surrender button would do.

xander
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I certainly understand why a surrender button wasn't implented, because it had no se without the existence of the ladder, but for those who play for the ladder, like myself, it can be annoying to waite sometimes more then 8 minutes in a cts or koth game when you already conquered all of the spawns. But then again it would be nice but not really necessarely.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:32 pm

"I'm so good my opponents should have the option to surrender to save me time"?

Nice :roll:
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm

:) hahah whatever I say you turn me into a arrogant twat but that's about it.

EDIT: or sometimes I know I am lost and I just as well might surrender
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 pm

Well, it was just rather badly worded. I do agree that on occasions it'd be nice to be able to prematurely end a 2 player CTS or KotH game, whether you've won or lost early, but it doesn't happen terribly frequently to me and the wait is never particularly long. It's not a terrible idea, but not an essential one either.
prophile
level5
level5

Re: there should come a surrender option

Postby prophile » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Cyan. wrote:to repeat myself: there should come a surrender option

No.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 am

prophile wrote:

No.

Yes.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 am

Cyan. wrote:
prophile wrote:

No.

Yes.

No.

xander
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:08 am

xander wrote:
Cyan. wrote:
prophile wrote:

No.

Yes.

No.

xander

So prophile says no, I agree with that by saying yes it should be no and then you disagree with me and say no it should be yes??? so I was right in the first places, also I don't know wich morron placed this link: http://multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10000 but I am beginning to love it!
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Cyan. wrote:
xander wrote:
Cyan. wrote:
prophile wrote:

No.

Yes.

No.

xander

So prophile says no, I agree with that by saying yes it should be no and then you disagree with me and say no it should be yes??? so I was right in the first places, also I don't know wich morron placed this link: http://multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10000 but I am beginning to love it!

xander was 'no'ing your 'yes', not prophiles 'no'. I'm sure a surrender option was considered, but we have retribution for a reason. I've even won games where I'd been eliminated, but retribution allowed me to stop the opponent from beating my score :)

If I had surrendered then I would have defaulted myself to a loss, which is not acceptable. The game isn't over until it ends and thus I also say No to a surrender option.

NeoThermic
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Cyan. wrote:also I don't know wich morron placed this link: http://multiwinia-ladder.net/viewmatch.php?m=10000 but I am beginning to love it!

Moron /me placed Mr. Astley there (we should actually invent the Ashley Roll. Neo, grab a camera and sing a song for us!).
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Whilst everything cyan says rightly deserves shooting down, there is a nugget of a point in what he says. CTS games on 1v1 often revert to DOM playstyles. Meaning that you can wipe a player out within the first couple of minutes, but the game keeps going. As I have said in http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=2462 - there needs to be a way of finishing foregone games sooner. With CTS, all you have to do is after all but one players are eliminated, wait (if needed) until the last standing player is ahead in points, then end the game. That being said, there really is no point in a surrender option. Half the fun is wiping out the last few remaining MWs after a long fight to victory, or sitting through the ten second countdown in RR...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
neo1000
level1
level1

Postby neo1000 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:22 pm

a surrender-button would be nice, especially in KOTH or CTS-Duel-Maps. But these are only a few: "lost souls", "guardians", "unending peaks", "price of war". It would truly be a pleasant option but unneccessary.

@Cyan: 8 Minutes? No, you are not that good;)
Last edited by neo1000 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:59 pm

neo1000 wrote:a surrender-button would be nice, especially in KOTH or CTS-Duel-Maps. But these are only a few: "lost souls", "guardians", "unending peaks", "price of war". It would truly be a pleasant option but neccessary.

@Cyan: 8 Minutes? No, you are not that good;)

hahaha oke I exaggerated a bit :P , tho between skilled players you can see even before the first minute who is going to win in some maps like you said, thanks for the post on the strategy forum btw, it was helpfull to me, since I never saw the clear essence of speed in this game. You gonna play Dawn of War 2? we could form a co-op team?! that would be great.

Return to “The Future”