Just a thought....

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Krion112
level2
level2

Just a thought....

Postby Krion112 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 am

Ok, I was thinking, what if there was a gamemode, called cooperative, where you ,and other players (Up to 4) would go through the original Darwinia Game, though have something in the programming say if Darwinia is installed so Multiwinia could load it's map files and so people couldn't just get multiwinia and have Darwinia, then play through it, level by level, and showing the huge world area, and getting any unit, only changing some stuff around for compatibility (such as adding the harvester unit in by getting a research, or something like how you get the Armour). I'm sure there are plenty who agree or disagree, but tell me what you think. I value your imput.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:15 am

>.<;

What?

*didn't understand a word laid out in front of self*
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:37 pm

what if it were more of a scenerio mode? kinda like how Assault works, only with specific objectives, like in darwinia, only just not following the Darwinia storyline... And yes, I know that Darwinia was once a kind of Multiwinia and all that, I was just wondering why it really wasn't implemented when Multiwinia was released.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:50 am

*curses to self about short term memory and fast reading*
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:32 pm

On a side note, in terms of co-op - I'm hoping virii can be placed on maps at the start using the map editor.

A level like the Holy Tree KOTH (with the secondary zones removed) or the melting pot, but with a soul destroyer placed in the centre, or encamped futurewinias could lead to some interesting tension between taking out the AI cooperatively and needing to beat everyone else away afterwards.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Cooper42 wrote:On a side note, in terms of co-op - I'm hoping virii can be placed on maps at the start using the map editor.

A level like the Holy Tree KOTH (with the secondary zones removed) or the melting pot, but with a soul destroyer placed in the centre, or encamped futurewinias could lead to some interesting tension between taking out the AI cooperatively and needing to beat everyone else away afterwards.

Actually, this would be ludicrously easy to do just by editing the map .txt files.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm 99% sure it's possible. And simple. Really really simple.

Return to “The Future”