No
27%

Total votes: 11
Unit13
level1
level1

Rocket Contiue...

Postby Unit13 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:39 pm

We all played the Rocket Maps. You gather Fuel and lauch the rocket with 100 Multiwinians. Fun, but what happens to the Rocket? Well I got an idea: You find your Rocket Crashed Landed In a Horrific Landscape. It is Dark and swarming with Viruses and Furturewinians with a base similar to Assault. You start out with an ally controlling 50-40 Multiwinians (some may have died in crashed) and an Armor each. Next, Capture a near by bases and control points to claim this new world as your own. More Rockets might have crashed from other Tribes like Red and Green.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:03 am

Sure must be doable with the map-editor coming out soon.. I hope :)
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:08 am

Cyan. wrote:Sure must be doable with the map-editor coming out soon.. I hope :)

I think so.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 am

Since this seems to be little more than a custom domination map. It shouldn't be too hard, and even someone skilled enough could probably toss it together with pre-existing tools.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:33 am

Not only viruses, but possibly Tripods too? it'd make sence since they're aliens
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 am

not a terrible idea, but boring

game needs something crazy, doesnt have to be borrowed off of other aspects of the game and/or genre..as it were.

but yours would be doable probably. the ideas I would like to see would not be, i think.

i have (had) ideas about a mod based off classic games, such as tic-tac-toe, space invaders, pac-man, lemmings, mario kart and frogger. my ideas aren't carbon copies mind you, because that would be odd. but the way i was thinking of these would make it fit in the Darwinian univerese...I guess.

either way....you have an idea, why not make some maps and try how well it plays. who knows, it might be good.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:18 pm

To allen: There is (if you didn't already know) a mod for Darwinia which is a mod about Lemmings... and on my Idea for the tripod, to add a crazy effect, it would convert darwinians into futurewinians, and could "abduct" darwinians, and spit them out as Virii, allied to it of course....
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 pm

allen wrote:not a terrible idea, but boring

Huh? Of course its boring its on paper. Well, actually a Webpage.
game needs something crazy, doesnt have to be borrowed off of other aspects of the game and/or genre..as it were.

What it needs is a plot.
but yours would be doable probably. the ideas I would like to see would not be, i think.

Thats usually what I aim for. I would even try to make it when the new editer comes out. what do you mean by "the ideas I would like to see would not be, i think"?
i have (had) ideas about a mod based off classic games, such as tic-tac-toe, space invaders, pac-man, lemmings, mario kart and frogger. my ideas aren't carbon copies mind you, because that would be odd. but the way i was thinking of these would make it fit in the Darwinian univerese...I guess.

Um, what? I think thats irrelevant. what do you mean?

either way....you have an idea, why not make some maps and try how well it plays. who knows, it might be good.

Thanks for the support?
Last edited by Unit13 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:03 am

Why are you posting in black? Honestly, it is easier to read the default color scheme, and people who browse the forums using the Uplink theme are going to have difficulty with all that black text.

xander
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

xander wrote:Why are you posting in black? Honestly, it is easier to read the default color scheme, and people who browse the forums using the Uplink theme are going to have difficulty with all that black text.

xander

Fine I'll edit it. And please stay on topic.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:36 am

Unit13 wrote:
xander wrote:Why are you posting in black? Honestly, it is easier to read the default color scheme, and people who browse the forums using the Uplink theme are going to have difficulty with all that black text.

xander

Who are you to say who has to post on-topic? Hmm?

NeoThermic
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 am

NeoThermic wrote:
Unit13 wrote:

xander

NeoThermic

The guy who posted this Topic. And don't act so tough, it was a common curtis.
Last edited by Unit13 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:58 am

Unit13 wrote:The guy who posted this Topic.

And as a guy who posted on this topic, I would like to say:

Muffins!
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:03 am

Unit13 wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
Unit13 wrote:

xander

NeoThermic

The guy who posted this Topic.

Well. I think the guy who stabs people also has the authority to tell people to post in legible colors. You wouldn't want to anger him now, would you. Also, don't tread on his lawn.
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:07 am

RabidZombie wrote:
Unit13 wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
Unit13 wrote:

xander

NeoThermic

The guy who posted this Topic.

Well. I think the guy who stabs people also has the authority to tell people to post in legible colors. You wouldn't want to anger him now, would you. Also, don't tread on his lawn.

I asked to stay on topic, its not an order. Then, people began making it into a bad thing. I just wanted this Topic to be atleast make sense. He can ingore me for all I care.

Return to “The Future”