Predetermined crate content

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Cyan.
level3
level3

Predetermined crate content

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I would really like if you can place crates with a predestinate power-up on your own maps, or that you can use power-ups before hand.

I think you can imagine all kind of situations where you both or even more fight over 1 or more crates wich you know the power-up will be good. Or bad, as someone people mentioned before they would like a map with evilwinians or futurewinians, now you can choose yourself when to create them as a player. In short, my guess is that this future will allow for much more creativity. Hope it won't be too hard to implent.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 pm

...or use Starting Powerups...? Though yeah, that takes away all the bad powerups too.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:07 pm

...which doesn't even slightly cover what he describes...?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Seconded. There could be interesting maps with this feature. For example, one could take Unending Dawn and replace the three side middle spawns with nuke crates. Or add a small minefield of bad crates in the path of the attackers on an Assault map. Or just use them to give players predefined starting powerups (which the regular starting powerup option does not do).

But unfortunately, I don't think this would be possible. it seems crate contents are selected randomly when the crate is opened, not when it is created (this saves storing the crate type), and that crates are of a different object type than the other things in the game.
n0rd
level0

Postby n0rd » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:43 am

Anything can be changed though ...

How about a crate control menu that allows you to select/exclude all types (a little more advanced than basic crates only) , frequency, startup, location etc. The location bit might prove a little difficult. How would you specify the position without some sort of editor? Unless you had some predefined points on each map. this would give all sorts of variants of the game I.E server with only Nuke creates enabled and so on.

Finally I would like a crate that contains a n0rd wins powerup . :lol: :lol:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:59 am

n0rd wrote:How about a crate control menu that allows you to select/exclude all types (a little more advanced than basic crates only) , frequency, startup, location etc.
The Devs stated that there's definitely not going to be a selection of individual crate types in the game menus. Design decision. I suppose that covers the other options you mention as well (but not anything you can do in the map editor).
n0rd
level0

Postby n0rd » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 am

Fair enuf . I will no longer spend sleepless nights pondering the glory of the n0rd wins powerup and my nuke crates only server ......
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

Nuke crates only servers will be perfectly possible once the custom map patch goes public.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:08 pm

n0rd wrote:Finally I would like a crate that contains a n0rd wins powerup . :lol: :lol:

See, there's only one reason why this doesn't work.

If someone opens the crate on a different server to you, do you win that match, or the match you're playing?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Infection Outbreak! only: Ultimate test of strategy.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:58 pm

With balanced crate drops? :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 pm

"Whoever's winning should expect to win."
n0rd
level0

Postby n0rd » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Pinky wrote:
n0rd wrote:Finally I would like a crate that contains a n0rd wins powerup . :lol: :lol:

See, there's only one reason why this doesn't work.

If someone opens the crate on a different server to you, do you win that match, or the match you're playing?

I'm actually fine with that concept :). Although the ladder is essentially quite trivial I'm happy to be number one ... NUMBER ONE I TELL YA AT ALL COSTS NUMBER 1 MUWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH - Vote now "n0rd wins" powerups :D

Return to “The Future”