suggestions

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

BobTHJ
level0

suggestions

Postby BobTHJ » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:23 pm

First: Multiwinia is a great game! I've never played an IV game before but after playing MW I'll probably try the others as well.

Suggestions:
* Longer Games - I'd love to see some longer games for multiplayer. I'm a calculating / strategizing person, and I love the strategy that can develop. It seems the time is up in most maps about the time things are really getting good. In single player I always set the clock to 60 mins which seems about perfect. Unfortunately, the AI just doesn't provide a challenge anymore.

* Keyboard Configuration - There presently doesn't seem to be a way to re-map your keyboard to use different keys.

* Savable "Groups" - Select a group of Multiwinians and hit Alt-(#), then you can later call up that same group by pressing the same number.

* More Players - I realize this may not be possible, but it would be great to have some 6 or 8 player maps.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:32 pm

In regards to keyboard config, check out the comprehensive sticky here:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=1877
Even so, yes, an extra menu to edit these preferences would be nice.

As for savable groups, MWs disperse very easily, and often have short lifespans when in battle. After not too long, your Alt-# groups will be all over the place. Or dead.

As for more players, I think I recollect this having been tried on a custom map at somepoint with not-so-great outcomes. Maybe someone else knows the link.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Cooper42 wrote:As for more players, I think I recollect this having been tried on a custom map at somepoint with not-so-great outcomes. Maybe someone else knows the link.

If I recall correctly, thing is that although you could get up to 6 players, players 5 and 6 would be Evilwinians and Futurewinians, which I believe you were even unable to order around.

As for longer games, your only chance of getting this online is by hosting yourself. Having enough players willing to play for 1 hour might be harder to do though.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 pm

As for longer games, I have some experience with MW and I am pretty sure that you don't need more time, because there is no really an option to develop a strategy. Most of the time you start one at the beginning and then you use your tatcis to beat the enemy. I can say fairly well that any mode with a timer is 10 out of 1 times decided before the timer runs out, and if not there is sudden death. What I am thinking tho is that you played CTS or KOTH and you dommed an enemy and after that you had to few time to win. Well this my friend is kind the purposes of this mode, so if you like to DOM go play DOM. And when you et better you'll notice that when you can hold one spawn extra for long enough you'll probably not lose anymore, especially in 2 player.

Tho what I ment to say really, if you want longer time sure host a game and set the timer higher, that's what it's ment for, but about the strategy part do you have any ideas how to enchance this?
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Before the dedicated servers were up, a lot of people were hosting 30-60 minute games, which personally I really disliked, a lot of the appeal of the game to me is that you can get a match over in 10 minutes or so. I don't think matches scale well to long timescales - domination matches often end up going back-and-forth endlessly, and having such a long time limit on CTS or KotH maps allows people just to play it like domination anyway.

However, if you like it that way, fair enough, and go ahead and host games with those settings! (just don't be offended if I join, see the time limit and quit after 10 minutes or so) :P
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 am

If there is enough demand for it I'm sure someone will create a dedicated server just for long games.

Return to “The Future”