I'm shy - let me automatch!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Rosti
level2
level2

I'm shy - let me automatch!

Postby Rosti » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Given the general shyness, discussed here with a possible solution I whole-heartedly support, is there any mileage in offering a Quick-/Automatch setting that grabs a random map and a suitable number of players to start a game? Often I boot up Multiwinia just for a lark rather than caring what map/mode I'm playing.

N.B. In my mind, this idea is totally cribbed from Mario Kart DS and Wii, although I don't imagine this is the first/best implementation of such a system.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:41 am

A lot of people owuld be fussy though, and they might just drop out. But something DOES need to be done.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm

I would host, but I'm on wireless, and there are probably a lot like me who wouldn't trust their network stability or bandwidth to be able to host. But what with the increasing numbers of Dedwinia servers, finding an available game is not a problem. I'm not sure there are quite as many players 'lurking' as suggested - every time I log in, all but one or two of the dedicated servers are empty...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm

there is a slew of dedicated servers now. You can join without needing to bother to get to know anyone.

Return to “The Future”