my proposal about demo limitations

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Johnis
level2
level2

my proposal about demo limitations

Postby Johnis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:05 pm

i think demos should play at least 1 mode on line to test the game . That will help also other people to play with registered users and get in touch on line in-game with em. think about it
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Errr... You are aware that a) just a few threads bellow is a thread called "propose a new way of playing for demo players" and that b) IV has already stated that they are going to modify the demo so that demos can play on LAN, right?
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:36 pm

YESSSSS at least this :)
I purchased the game because i somehow tried some other illegal versions and i liked . i wanted to see the other modes :)
The demo is too cripled.
Besides defcon demo has limitations but can play on line and defcon prooved to be advertized a lot in - game and that is the purpose.
Since the game cannot be advertized in-game might be lethal for the game.
also think the first image you take in your head when you check a multiplayer game when you deside if you want to continue with it. you look how many players are online.
defcon has always lot's of people on line.some of em are full version and some other demo.
Many times as a defcon player i teached demo players how to play this game, immediatelly in few days purchased defcon.
A good game does not die in time, and advertized by it's players. a demo player might not buy the game but with a good advertisment might attract more registered player's.
for example.....
a friend comes in my house and watch me playing a new game. It is a lot different to watch me playing vs CPU and more different vs human.
The demo forced me to search some kind of illegal version. that prooves that this demo sucks.
You see i have many many reasons for my concerns. and as a player of a new born game i need to see people playing this game.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:23 pm

Johnis wrote:--==<tired, annoying, redundant screed>==--

As has been explained over and over again, IV are working on adjusting the demo limits. We all know that the demo is not quite right at the moment, and that many people are a bit disappointed by it. Complaining louder, in giant fonts or red letters, is not going to make the new demo come any faster. Relax, and be patient.

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:34 pm

The problem I see is, if LAN play is allowed in the demo, people won't buy the game (and will probably use Hamachi).

Really, the demo should be restricted to a single map in online play or something similar, and the full game should allow the same key to be used multiple times in a game (as long as the IPs are all local).
Last edited by RabidZombie on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:09 am

I think you mean Hamachi, not Hitachi.

The thing IV is trying to avoid is a repeat of DEFCON, where a huge number of players never bought the full game, because the demo includes all of the full game they'll use.

And I don't check how many players are online when I'm trying to decide whether to buy a game. I see whether I actually enjoy the game.

I don't see how the demo "forced" you to go get an illegitimate copy.

And finally, L2spell, n00b.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:27 am

That's what I said. :roll:
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:35 am

You misspelt it again. :lol:
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:37 am

LIES!
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:15 am

I like the idea of being able to play one mode on one map only against other trial players. This is how the Halo Trial plays and I think it works very well.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:21 am

Actually, in the Halo trial you can play [s]CTS[/s]CTF or deathmatch.

Maybe I've been playing Multiwinia a bit too much...
Johnis
level2
level2

Postby Johnis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Pinky wrote:I think you mean Hamachi, not Hitachi.

The thing IV is trying to avoid is a repeat of DEFCON, where a huge number of players never bought the full game, because the demo includes all of the full game they'll use.

And I don't check how many players are online when I'm trying to decide whether to buy a game. I see whether I actually enjoy the game.

I don't see how the demo "forced" you to go get an illegitimate copy.

And finally, L2spell, n00b.

demo players assist also registered players. they make the game interesting. they are testing it.I prefer to see 8 registered and 8 demo players than playing with only 8 players (registered). it is boring and irritating
The demo is too cripled . it does not show even the 1/100 of the game.
Before i buy things i taste em - look at em.Something similar to shoping in real life.
This demo is forcing people not to buy the game. who will buy a game when IV does not announce even the number of players on line ?
do you have any idea how many demo games are online?. For example go to www.gamershell.com you will see many many games that a player will prefer to test em on line and will prefer em because he tasted em.
Strategy games are online games. no meaning to play vs CPU.
CPU is a fool who follows algorithms.
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Judging from the fact you are saying the same thing again, you have proved that you don't have enough comprehension to understand what everyone said to you.
Good bye. :p

Return to “The Future”